Carbon fiber parts?

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
CarlosNX

Carbon fiber parts?

Post by CarlosNX »

Posting in here to see if anyone knows or deals with a local company to get custom carbon fiber parts made. I'm looking to have some carbon fiber parts made for my car. Local contacts preferred before I look across the border. Thanks in advance.

Carlos
Got Boost???
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Re: Carbon fiber parts?

Post by Three B's Racing »

For a 510? it would be Futofab.com

Across which border?
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Wasn't Dave no longer making composite body parts?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
CarlosNX

Post by CarlosNX »

Not for a 510....
Border as in California....
Got Boost???
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

okayfine wrote:Wasn't Dave no longer making composite body parts?
He did stop because I believe his builder wasn't doing such a good job and Dave was looking for another. But don't quote me, I have been know to be wrong DOH!!
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

okayfine wrote:Wasn't Dave no longer making composite body parts?
I don't think Dave at Futofab ever made his own CF stuff. If you mean Dave Pare Composites in Sacramento, He passed away in 2014. He was actually murdered by his assistant.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Dave had CF body panels on offer. Same molds and processes for FG as CF, just a matter of money. Pare seemed more about the trimier bits of the car (door sills, dash pad top, cowl vent, etc.).
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson