General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
RMS
Supporter

jenvey

Post by RMS »

saw this today and had to share

http://www.jenvey.com.au/index.php?id_p ... theme_font

thoughts ?
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: jenvey

Post by two_68_510s »

Brillant idea!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

That's cool, I have been entertaining the idea of Jenvey ITB's for a long time, with the pound down around $1.23 they are much more affordable when I first looked at them 6 years ago at $1.75ish.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I like this response to the FAQ's;

Will the throttle bodies work with forced induction? - Yes, please advise this when you purchase.

Intriguing....

I guess my big question is what style of injectors are being utilized, and what TPS is being used. Both are wear items, and you want to know that you can source these parts locally if needed. Otherwise I love the product.
However it'd be costly. Landed would be over $1500 for the pair w/o the TPS sensor installed, add another $200 for that item. But you'd sure have the classic look with the EFI tuning.

Maybe I should put the twin DCOE carb manifolds back in production. Here is a rather dated post where I scanned some photos in from the last run I did 15 years ago - yes photos - in the days before I even considered a digital camera....
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4282&p=37260&hilit ... old#p37260

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Byron510 wrote:However it'd be costly. Landed would be over $1500 for the pair w/o the TPS sensor installed, add another $200 for that item. But you'd sure have the classic look with the EFI tuning.
What do new DCOEs run these days?

There is/was a company doing similar with SUs, sticking injectors inside the domes.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

I've seen these, very interesting bit of kit. £440 ex vat each. Currently 20% over here.
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
iceD

Post by iceD »

Thumbs up for the intake manifolds I'll take one

ice D
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

I'm curious about this setup. What size is your intake Byron. Should I run the 44mm or wait for 40mm. I want to inject a lz2.3 with a 445 cam. I believe I would be interested in a intake as well. If I can help by going to the Foundry and start the process let me know. Would each throttle body need a position sensor. And what about mass air flow. I assume there would be no air box on there and just run them with air horns and no filters.
TheHeretic
Supporter

Post by TheHeretic »

Another interested buyer of manifold here. If you do a run they will sell. Put them in FB and eBay also and you'll have no problem selling them.
Carpe Diem!
Ryan
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I have the core boxes to make 44 and 50mm manifolds. The 50's would be pure race stuff. The 44 manifold would be plenty, even on a cammed 2.4 L motor on the street. Both manifolds taper to 38mm, and have 120mm runners.
I've ruled out production until the machine costs can be brought down - read: I need to get my workshop done! That's still in progress. Small run production, both at the foundry level and the machining level is costly. There certainly is ecomomics in scale, and today I would think that a run of 20 would be minimum. If I were to do a run of carby manifolds, I'd do a run of EFI manifolds at the same time. But it would be 6 months away, minimum.
We'll have to gauge the interest of true buyers, and I'll need to speak with the foundry as well. I can't even discuss price at this point. It's been so long since I've done a run, I'd have no baseline at this point yet on costs.
I'll revisit this in a weeks time with info.

Byron
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Here is the last of the EFI manifolds I have from the second run - over 12 years ago.
EFI Manifold 2nd run.JPG
EFI Manifold 2nd run.JPG (91.4 KiB) Viewed 4450 times
I forgot that I had this, and literally stumbled over this while looking for carby manifolds for Derek this past weekend out at the workshop. But I think it's part of a cool "art work" project that Sean and I build back in 2005-2006. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Byron
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Probably not what you mean by art, but I have my SR SU manifold mounted above my workbench.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I still have mine.....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

bertvorgon wrote:I still have mine.....
It may be going up in value my friend, I just came across a photo of the box of castings this morning from the last run in the early 2000's when you bought that one from me. Hard to believe it was that long ago!

Byron
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I did a lot of soul searching and discussions with Andy over the years now and I just cannot justify going to injection. There would be so many things I would have to change on my car due to space limitations of what is in place, etc..

I did have Andy re-do my "race" carb last spring, but the crappy weather and drives never let me get it fully tested and re-jetted. I am going to get that thing on a dyno this spring, as it is just too insane to try to test on the road, as the secondary is the issue and stuff just happens too fast to really see what is going on...right before I plow into Mr's McGillicuddy in her Buick.

What would one of those manifolds be worth.....possibly...?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer