Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
Byron510

Re: jenvey

Post by Byron510 »

bertvorgon wrote:
What would one of those manifolds be worth.....possibly...?
Working on sorting that out now. I have had a couple calls into the foundry this past week to find out what the raw castings would be worth today. I am lucky that the foundry that did these for me in the 90's is still around today, but I have yet to reach the owner this past week, and next week I travel.

I still have all the jigs and fixtures to machine the manifolds, both carby and EFI, but I don't yet have my machine shop ready so I'd have to farm out the machine work - which I'll be honest I'd have a hard time doing. I think this project will wait a little longer. I have interest in only one manifold right now, and the cost to farm it all out would be too high for most people, and I run the risk of someone destroying my jigs which I spent a lot of time on.

What's the value? Hard to say, you have one of 15 ever made....

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Eh Joel,

It's funny - I never tracked where these went or who bought them, and today can only remember when 6 of them are now, including yours and Keith's above.

I can recall only 4 of them ever making it into driving cars; two of mine (one in the wagon I built in the late 90's and the one on the Bronze), Malcolm's race car and I believe the one that Rob passed on to Jeff made it into a running car - albeit heavily modified.

Lord knows where the rest went and who's garage they are sitting in :-)

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

I feel guilty that mine is sitting on a shelf. I guess I'm just not much of a fabricator. And as long as a set of su's kept the car running I was happy. I'm thinking my son will try to go EFI when I give him the specialty built lz2.3.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

It makes me think about EFI, How much more could I get out of mine with a haltec and injection?
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

NOT ENOUGH..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Ya it would probably take a
c3094.jpg
c3094.jpg (615.31 KiB) Viewed 3385 times
and methanol injection to catch you.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I'm turning the boost up this year too.......
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Aiming for 250 on 100LL? I just got to drive my car for the first time on Wednesday and I forgot how fast it felt. By the end of the summer when it got hit I was really feeling like I could use more power. I'm still at least a year away from asking Andy to add some boost to it. I want have another year of all motor to really get my suspension dialed in a bit more before I add 75 of 100hp to it.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I make 250 now.......with the fixed carb and a few lbs of boost...300?

When my waste gate burned out and I put the new one on, it's adjustment was not the same, so when I left Andy's and hit the throttle for the first time, I was about 18 PSI and the car went ape shit.....

I do need to be careful as that would be at the edge of what the tranny can handle over time.

You were not around when I ran my big carb but the mid to top end charge was really impressive, pulling to 8,000+ RPM IN 5TH.

I have been curious for years as to how much more boost I could sneak up on, specially for the short burst stuff we do now. I used to be able to just keep my foot in it going up the Hope Slide, so 3 - 4 minutes of wide open throttle. Sure can't do that now what with the speeding laws.

Keith Law
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

Very cool indeed