Canby 2017

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
510tdi

Canby 2017

Post by 510tdi »

Does anybody have some insider info on the Canby 2017 event? Lots of on-going interest in 510s on Bring a Trailer over the last year so it'd be great if there were a date on the calendar for promotion's sake. There's no mention on the NWDatsun site yet. I thought it would be cool if the organizers invited the new owners of the 510s that got so much attention on BaT to bring their cars to Canby in June. Probably not gonna happen but it would be fun.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Re: Canby 2017?

Post by Three B's Racing »

I also need dates asap and how to apply, camping info and all that. There is a group of us planning to drive out to Canby from, NH, MD, VA, IL, so the sooner we have needed information the better.

Thx
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
indy510

Post by indy510 »

This was just posted on Ratsun, by the president of DNW: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/71095 ... e-91011th/
mojo510 wrote: That's right folks, the 2017 Canby Datsun car show is happening the second weekend in June, 9th, 10th and 11th. Same great show as last year as there will be minimal changes. This will be a more kid friendly show for those Datsun families attending. No preregistration again this year!

Our web site will be updated with all the details after the first of the year. Camping, show, banquet dinner, raffle prizes and Datsun people. Hope to see all you guys and gals.

Steven Pepka
DNW
510tdi

Post by 510tdi »

Hey Three B's Racing -
That's great to hear your group is still planning to come out west! Yes, the notice is over at the Ratsun site but so is some negative banter. I guess there's always a little bitchin' going on around any event so don't let that stop you.Ya know it's winter in the NW so lack of sunlight, cabin fever, too much Jack D, etc. I've always really enjoyed the people and cars I've met at Canby and It would be super cool to meet yous guys too! Good vendors there too.
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

There is a Facebook group dedicated to the cross country trip to Canby.

Here is a link, not sure it will work if you don't have FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1201751819869454/
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
indy510

Post by indy510 »

510tdi wrote:Yes, the notice is over at the Ratsun site but so is some negative banter.
Yeah, sorry. I didn't even want to post a link to that Ratsun thread. The whole site is overrun by stupidity and drama. Don't take any of them seriously. Canby is always a great event. I counted over 300 Datsuns/Nissans in 2015.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Well, I thought I would post this here, announcing the All Japanese Classic '17 show;

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29472

But it's really a shameless plug.

What I will offer to do is compile a 2017 Datsun/Nissan Classic Show Events list for any classic import car show in North America, and I will maintain this myself here on the Realm moving forward. This should help the community.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

qwik510 wrote:There is a Facebook group dedicated to the cross country trip to Canby.

Here is a link, not sure it will work if you don't have FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1201751819869454/
David, I put your event in the list here;

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29473

Not sure if you were going to start a new thread for your drive, but I think it would be a good idea, even if it runs parallel to your FB page.

Byron
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

Hi everyone, wanted to let you know I was here on the Realm and Canby planning is going well. If I can answer any questions, fire away. Thanks for everyone's support!

Steven Pepka
DatsunsNW President
Three B's Racing
Supporter

OSGiken510 wrote:Hi everyone, wanted to let you know I was here on the Realm and Canby planning is going well. If I can answer any questions, fire away. Thanks for everyone's support!

Steven Pepka
DatsunsNW President
Thanks for your efforts Steve. I'm positive the Eastern Snow Shoe Caravan is going to have a great 2017 Canby experience and to die for drive across our Great Country. Now I understand we will need to stock up on Red plastic cups 8>), it isn't Summit Point but we can conseal.

Lou
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I need to bring you guys down some REAL beer......
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Really looking forward to Canby this year.

Steve, if you have a basic lay out of how the 2 or 3 day event is going run this year, I'll certainly update the first post in this thread to keep the information close at hand and easily found.

Byron
Three B's Racing
Supporter

bertvorgon wrote:I need to bring you guys down some REAL beer......
Copy that!!!! I'll need to double up on the red cups to avoid the high alcohol content of good canadian beer sofening the plastic to the point it collapses on itself. My Brother is coming up from Southern Cali and he makes his own and it's well, it's stay home and don't drive good 8>)
- John Lennon
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

PLASTIC?!.....hell, we use stainless steel cups, that way it can double as a small parts cleaner tank while we work on the car..take a drink..clean parts...drink....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Three B's Racing
Supporter

bertvorgon wrote:PLASTIC?!.....hell, we use stainless steel cups, that way it can double as a small parts cleaner tank while we work on the car..take a drink..clean parts...drink....

Damn that is genius!! I used to have a pewter Stein I got in Germany years ago during October Fest, throw up, wake up somewhere else Festival. Never really used it because it is simply to pretty,,thank God!!!
- John Lennon