WTB complete 1970 510 2door weatherstripping kit

Post your forsale and wanted ads
frybag

WTB complete 1970 510 2door weatherstripping kit

Post by frybag »

Like the tittle stats looking for all weather stripping for my 1970 datsun 510 2 door mine is all ripped and cracked let me know any sources new or used for these prefer new.
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Re: WTB complete 1970 510 2door weatherstripping kit

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Datsport in Australia is the best source.
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
iceD

Post by iceD »

Dealers still have some stuff trunk and inside squeegees and Datsport is awesome

ice D
tcbarnes99

Post by tcbarnes99 »

Datsport
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

Have to add to what is already said......Datsport. Very fast shipping even though coming from AUS. THe only thing I did not really like was the outer squeegees. But I Guess its the only solution to attach to the chrome trim.
looking for pass. side arm rest
cwd240z
Supporter

Post by cwd240z »

PoorMtnKid wrote:Have to add to what is already said......Datsport. Very fast shipping even though coming from AUS. THe only thing I did not really like was the outer squeegees. But I Guess its the only solution to attach to the chrome trim.
What did you not like about the outer squeegees? I'm planning to order some rubber from Datsport in the near future.
Chris
'71 510 4-Door Sedan
'76 280z
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

cwd240z wrote:
PoorMtnKid wrote:Have to add to what is already said......Datsport. Very fast shipping even though coming from AUS. THe only thing I did not really like was the outer squeegees. But I Guess its the only solution to attach to the chrome trim.
What did you not like about the outer squeegees? I'm planning to order some rubber from Datsport in the near future.
The outer squeegees originally come intact with the chrome trim. For the ones you order from Datsport you have to remove the old from the trim and cut off the tabs/staples that held the squeegee on and then glue the new squeegee to the trim. The product is good, they just don't supply the adhesive or recommend anything to use. What I used ended up coming through the squeegee and the trim while I had them clamped together. So I had to constantly go back to clean the excess. Eventually I went to bed and more came out resulting in more coming through and eventually drying....... Mainly more my fault due to not knowing the right product to use. But once again I think it should be supplied when ordered.
looking for pass. side arm rest
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

I used 3M weather stripping adhesive not the spray but the tube of the black goo. Put a thin layer on the squeege and the OEM metal backing strip and let it dry. Once dry add another thin layer to only one piece then attach it. But be aware once you attach it and if you F'K it up, removing it likely wil be damaging. I did all my weather stripping this way back in `97 and today not a one of them has come loose.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Baz

Post by Baz »

I have mentioned to others that the adhesive to use on the outer squeegees ( outer door belt seal) and other places is Loctite 401. Just a series of dots is sufficient & you will use this many places on your Datto. Thank you for bringing that to my notice PoorMtnkid.
We are still getting the new rubber seal site up & running. We are making sure that hints like the Loctite, Palmolive dish detergent & other tricks are included.