New member, looking to restore my familys '72 510

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
510wagon

New member, looking to restore my familys '72 510

Post by 510wagon »

I'm new to forums. I tried attaching photos but it says the files are too large. I took the pictures with my iPhone 7 plus, idk if this is a common problem. Anyways as the title says, I'm looking to restore my family's 510. History on it is my grandpa bought it for my mom a long long time ago, she drove it until my older brother was old enough to drive it then she handed it down to him. Once I was old enough he handed it down to me then I put a little bit of work into it as I took auto tech classes in college. I graduated and got a job in the aerospace field then handed it down to my little brother once he was old enough to drive. He tore it up and I finally got it back yesterday :D it needs a lot of work but I'm willing to put in the time and effort but not spent too much because I'm saving for a house. This car holds a lot at sentimental value to my family so it's worth it to me. I'm not asking questions yet because I know answers are out there I just need to look. Im just here introducing myself to who I hope will be a welcoming and helpful 510 family
Byron510

Re: New member, looking to restore my familys '72 510

Post by Byron510 »

Welcome to the Realm. Now that you have been approved by a moderator, you'll be able to post photos as long as they are under 250kb each. Look up image resizers, there are many free apps available out there for all types of computer systems and most phone platforms.

We look forward to assisting you on your project. As noted already by yourself, there is absolutely tons of information out there at your fingertips.

I will admit, most here love photos. And I'm sure most here will love the history of your machine. Wagons are getting more difficult to find. As is the case with all wagons, they were bought for utility, and were usually the first to get used up.

We look forward to your contributions, and to your photos.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
510wagon

Post by 510wagon »

Thanks byron510!
510wagon

Post by 510wagon »

Photos coming soon
510wagon

Post by 510wagon »

First one. Just looking to see if this picture is small enough
Attachments
.albumtemp.JPG
.albumtemp.JPG (162.66 KiB) Viewed 2928 times
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Looks good. Welcome
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
James

Post by James »

Nice blue wagon - perfect starting point!
Finished is better than perfect......
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Hello and welcome to The Realm. Family-owned 510s are my favorite. You'll have all the help you need either with existing data or new threads for us to answer. When you're ready, feel free to start up a Project thread.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson