Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
DatsunDoc

Post by DatsunDoc »

New member here from Virginia. I recently purchased a low mileage 1970 4 door auto and plan to drive it regularly. I will be looking for a few parts that I know are hard to find these days like a new or good condition dash pad, etc. While new to the forum, I'm not new to Datsuns and have several, mostly race cars.

Mike
DatsunDoc

Re: New Member

Post by DatsunDoc »

Here's a picture of my new to me 510 4 door.
Attachments
70 510.jpg
70 510.jpg (59.48 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Hello and welcome to The Realm. If you could put your location in your profile, that'll help us know where you are once you move beyond this thread.

A couple new SE guys here recently, that's great for the East Coast squad. And your four-door looks quite nice! Looking forward to watch your car develop.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Welcome to the realm. Looks like a nice 4 door.

I'm in Maryland. We have an annual east coast 510 meet at Summit Point every spring. Hope you can make it. It is the weekend of the Jefferson 500. Usually the 2nd or 3rd weekend in May.

A bunch of us east coast guys are going to me driving to The Canby Datsun show in June. Across country in a 510. Come join us.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

Welcome DatsunDoc That's a beautiful 4 four you got there. You are right a dash pad in "good condition" is a rear find. They do make a nice replacement skin to recover the old one. It is thicker than the original material, and done right it looks every sharp. If anything it would be a good stop gap measure until you find an OEM replacement.

@ qwik510:

Hat's off to you guys trekking cross country to attend Canby. What a bad ass adventure. Please document and post up along the way. My family used to drive cross country almost every summer, and my Dad would always say "It's not an adventure unless at some point you wish you could just go home. Otherwise, it's just a vacation" Best of luck on you journey.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
DatsunDoc

Post by DatsunDoc »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Qwik510, I will try to make the Jefferson but I'm usually racing if I make it so probably won't have the 510 with me. If I make it I will stop by.

Thanks,

Mike