1971 laguna seca blue 510 project for sale.

Post your forsale and wanted ads
71pl510SanDiego

1971 laguna seca blue 510 project for sale.

Post by 71pl510SanDiego »

I am selling my project 510 that i have owned for almost 10 year, I have hit a roadblock and i just don see myself finishing this car anytime soon. I would rather sell it to an enthusiast who would take it that last bit and get the car running and enjoy it. Here is a link to the build thread on the realm so you can see the last things i did to the car. The car has been sitting inside a garage for the last few years. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7375.
Here is a quicklist of what would be included with the sale, i am not looking into parting any of the stuff away sold with the car.
1971 clean title 2 door 510 Laguna Seca blue
BRE flares
sr20det w/transmission not installed.
mckeney motrosport engine mounts.
Disc brakes front and rear
Willwood calipers front and rear
Brake master cylinder (new)
Techno toy tunning front and rear coilovers.
Techno toy tunning lower control arms
Techno toy tunning tie rod ends.
Techno toy tunning camber plates
Techno toy tunning 32mm spacers
bmw projector headlights fitted onto the 510 headlight brackets
All new brake lines and fuel lines with braided lines and an fittings.
15 gallon fuel cell with a bosch
isis intake manifold (new)
icehouse's can/am relay box.(new)
isis oilo pan (new)
isis Short shifter (B&M style)(new)
light weight pulleys(new)
Fidanza flyweel
Competition clutch stage 2
new aftermarket chassis harness, one is installed but i was going to re do it better so i have a new one.
i also have the wolf creek rear c/v axles
Thats all i can remember for now im sure there is more. Things missing i know for sure are radiator, intercooler rear diff, a new turbo if you dont want to use the stock one. Exhaust manifold turbo lines, coolant hoses, boost pipes. maintance stuff ,fluids it dosent have any seats or interior or cluster.
Ill take some updated photos this weekend and update the list of items i have.

wow i almost forgot im located in san diego im asking 8k obo for everyhing, i am not looking to part it out.

my email is martinezosmar619@gmail.com
i can be reached at six one nine seven zero nine zero one three four thanks for looking.
Byron510

Re: 1971 laguna seca blue 510 project for sale.

Post by Byron510 »

I liked the angle you were going with a 4 cam V8 years ago. But the SR20 is a better fit for most people I think. I'd still like to drive a 4 cam V8 510 with a stick one day - a car set up for canyon carving with a 5/6 speed, not straight line. Driving my 6100 lb Armada around with the 5.7 auto is actually impressive, I can only imagine what craziness that motor would do with 1/3rd that weight, a manual transmission and be close to the ground!

GLWTS, there are many people looking for projects. I feel for you not getting to it anytime soon. It's been off the road for so long now, and life changes.

Thanks for all the updates over the years.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
71pl510SanDiego

thanks byron im at the stage in life were i really want a house that is taking priority. so the sell will go towards a downpayment here in san diego before the house prices get way out of hand.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

I remember this build from the Way-Back Machine, that's a really nice looking project and seems like a reasonable price for all that's included....but haven't the housing prices in S.D. already gotten out of hand?
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

71pl510SanDiego wrote:thanks byron im at the stage in life were i really want a house that is taking priority. so the sell will go towards a downpayment here in san diego before the house prices get way out of hand.
You know, here in Vancouver BC, house prices went out of hand 20 years ago. Against the average guys wage, my home too is out of reach for any younger person trying to get started. I do feel your pain in that department. And I understand the sacrifice that goes with home ownership as I too attempt to build the workshop I have wanted all my life. I now live an hour further away from people I have known for years, and my wife and I both commute further to do our jobs. It was quite the decision.

I hope this sale gives you some of the boost that is required. Projects can be built again, there is no doubt about that. Along the way you wall also build more skills. As long as you don't sit on the couch your whole life, we can do nothing by learn. Some could argue you can sit on the couch and still learn, I just put more faith in leaning skills that involve the hands as well as the mind.

Best of luck.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Well, Southern California house pricing has been sky high since about 1990 and living San Diego likely drives the price higher. My Niece lives in Diego and make really good $$$ and recently bought a Condo that she needs 2 room mates to help make the payments. That's not living, that's imprisonment When I lived in Whittier Ca I bought a house in 1984 for 101k sold it in `89 for 225k and from there the price of housing went Space Shuttle. Bought a house here in NH on 4 acres, house sits in the middle of an open acre no one behind me but woods, no one in front of me but a high open field then woods, neighbor to the left and right 300' each away through the woods and I sit 220' back off the street SWEET!! OH! and the house was 130k in 1990 8>) Sorry 71pl510SanDiego you have to sell such a nice project but Diego is beautiful and a great place to live and I'd do the exact same thing as you so Just do it and enjoy man.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
71pl510SanDiego

thanks for the kind words, it is a expensive place to live in, but this is where i grew up I cant see myself living anywhere else. good news i have two guys coming to look at the car this weekend. and i keep getting text for info the car so interest is out there.
71pl510SanDiego

Car is sold it is going to Chicago.