Hello! Hi! from Sacramento

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
clunkthe510

Hello! Hi! from Sacramento

Post by clunkthe510 »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself and Clunk. I received clunk after the passing of a good friend, he was a good guy with a love for Startrek, his dog Mabel, and Clunk (a 1971 510 4-door). As for myself, I work and have with aspirations of being a PA and enjoy tinkering on some of my other projects.

Look forward to the exchange of knowledge and maybe meeting a few good people along the way if anyone resides close to the Sacramento area.

Best
20170401_182009.jpg
20170401_182009.jpg (359.74 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
1968 VW Single Cab
1971 Datsun 510 4-door automatic
1972 Vespa P200E
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Hello! Hi! from Sacramento

Post by okayfine »

Hello and welcome to The Realm. Still a lot of 510/Datsun guys in Sac and the greater Sac area. Looks like your project has some stories to tell. Good to see another car being loved.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
clunkthe510

Re: Hello! Hi! from Sacramento

Post by clunkthe510 »

It definitely does. The PO had an interesting past that resulted in him loosing his right arm many years ago, but despite this he would on occasion make a store run resulting in battle scars from a pole/pillar run-in. He replaced the head (not sure with what), carbs, and did some suspension work.

I drove it home a few weeks before he passed and I am not sure what my long term plans are with it, but I've been going through the interior and fixing things here and there. I'll be on the look out for anyone close and use that as an excuse to get it back on the road. I'll post more pics of the interior and such.

-Sam
1968 VW Single Cab
1971 Datsun 510 4-door automatic
1972 Vespa P200E