And it's back!

Problems, Comments, Questions regarding the website
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: And it's back!

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks, glad it was not just me, I never know if the ether world is picking on me, or the Russians have hacked me, or my computer is just failing. White Rock power is really DIRTY and we had a quick power out yesterday afternoon, which does not help things.

I swear if we ever get the BIG cyber attacked or the massive sun flare, the World will end as people will not know what to do without technology.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
510rob

Post by 510rob »

My guess is that the site's ISP had some kind of "SERVICE IMPACTING" issue related to their planned datacenter muckery that is supposed to happen tomorrow...
ISP wrote: >
> Dear Customer,
>
> Please be advised that we will be performing SERVICE IMPACTING network maintenance at our TORONTO DATACENTRE facility during the following date and time:
>
> FROM:
> Saturday March 25, 2017 - 5:00 AM EST (March 25, 10:00 AM UTC)
> TO:
> Saturday March 25, 2017 – 6:00 AM EST (March 25, 11:00 AM UTC)
>
>
>
> During this maintenance window, we will be performing necessary network maintenance. No re-configuration of IP addresses or DNS settings will be necessary.
>
> This maintenance is SERVICE IMPACTING. During this period, you may experience up to 15 to 30 minutes of downtime. [ISP] will have support staff available throughout the entire maintenance window.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns please contact our Support Team at [NUMBER] or respond to this email notification email.
>
> Sincerely,
> [ISP]
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

This was my day yesterday...my wife says I am NOT allowed to turn the news on or use technology today.....

I grab coffee and head to 510REALM..cannot get in...Turn on CBC News, story of Russian hacking....

Get to work...decide to stream CNN for my daily TRUMP Insanity fix...computer all of a sudden screen goes RED..speaker screaming...message says my hard drive has failed...I cannot X out of anything..East Indian guy from Microsoft telling me to give him password so he can "FIX" my computer...I hit OFF button...

Try the 510REALM...still cannot get in..decide to actually do some work....

Get home.....510REALM works for first page..Ahaaa..I'm in..next page attempt says resource limit reached...I'm out....

Turn on TV...CYBERWAR is on.....NSA/TAO and dark web hacking discussion from computer geeks around the world...I'm now really suspicious that my microwave is watching me....must wear underwear at home.....

Switch to CBC MARKET PLACE...show is about how the cell phone companies do not test their phones at real world distances from our bodies so the RF radiation is causing cancer in brains, breasts and other parts, depending where you keep your cell phone....

CRUD...go back to computer to print something...ERROR..your CYAN cartridge is empty..please change it to continue printing...you must be joking.....Wife stands in front of kitchen drawer where hammer is.....

So...today I will be outside, wire cutters in hand and tin foil..cut the power and wrap the house...at least it will match my tin foil hat....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
zKars
Supporter

Post by zKars »

I'm planning on getting rich in the new reality (when the internet collapses) by selling a line of high fashion and special function tin foil clothing. I think you'd be quite dashing in all-over tin foil frock. Now if can solve the problem of lack of insulation....
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Arthur Clarke & Stephen Baxter wrote an interesting book called "The Light of Other Days". You should both read it...
loungin112

Post by loungin112 »

For those who like to marvel at our place in society and evolution, check out this TED Talks: https://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_kelly_o ... of_the_web

Worth noting is that it was filmed in 2007! Also note the co-mingling of evolution and the blurring between the virtual world and real world.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I called the ISP and asked them to kick the computer and wiggle the cables. It must have worked.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks Rob!

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Thanks Rob for giving the server a whack!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

Thanks Rob!
gooned

Post by gooned »

Thanks to those who keep us mysterious folks in touch with our corner of the automotive world for getting the site back up!
Heinrich

Post by Heinrich »

:D
Progress is slow, but it is progress non the less.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

When technology fails I just "Oh Well" and go play my guitarz while muttering lyrics of FK'U!!! :shock: Pay no attention to that book in the back ground. It was a gag gift,,,,that is actually a pretty good book :shock:
Bass n beer.jpg
Bass n beer.jpg (294.82 KiB) Viewed 5466 times
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
gooned

Post by gooned »

Slow day or nothing loading?
510rob

Post by 510rob »

gooned wrote: 14 Apr 2021 20:05 Slow day or nothing loading?
Then post something cool!