Milage for Duffy lake run

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Chickenman

Milage for Duffy lake run

Post by Chickenman »

Hey guys. Some of the local Z Club members are planning a cruise from North Vancouver to Squamish. Then Pemberton to Lillooet and back to North Vancouver. Anyone know the approximate mileage of this trip?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Milage for Duffy lake run

Post by bertvorgon »

Im sitting up in the mountains right now,20 km from Goldbridge, on the side of a lake. Milage is 100 km Pemberton to Lillooet one way. North van to pemberton about 159 km one way approx.

No traffic scenario Pemberton to A & W in Lillooet.....50 minutes.......traffic......???

Go EARLY, or it will be a lesson in frustration.

Road from Lytton to Lillooet is still horrible!

Walked almost into grizzly sow with 3 cubs, that was exciting to say the least.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Thanks keith. I figured it out with Google Maps. 579 KM. Too much for one day at the time and pace we want.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yah, that is still a long day and with the nightmare traffic at Whistler and Brittania, your camshaft is not going to like it!

I am going to plan plan a drive to either Winthrop or Fort Casey soon, hopefully get a drive in with minimal traffic, at least with the going part.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Have run Lillooet/Pemberton twice this year and once the other way. Including once in my 710. Gotta say it's my favorite section of highway on my 1.500 mile Canby road trip this year. I always try to include it.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs