All Japanese Classic '17 - Vancouver BC Aug 27 - Pre Reg => 220 cars

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Byron510

All Japanese Classic '17 - Vancouver BC Aug 27 - Pre Reg => 220 cars

Post by Byron510 »

All Japanese Classic '17 - August 27th - Waterfront Park

Announcing the All Japanese Classic Car Show at Waterfront Park in North Vancouver BC, Sunday August 27th.
Last years event was extremely successful, with over 220 quality cars present. This year we are looking at more, and some pretty nice surprises are in store for us as well.

The venue has worked out very well for the show, and it could hardly be in a better place to showcase the city of Vancouver. Waterfront Park is easy to find, has many facilities and a stunning view across the Burrard Inlet at the downtown City of Vancouver, and turning around we are at the base of the coastal mountains going srait up behind us. Shopping and food aplenty can be had right next door at the Lonsdale Quay, as access by Seabus across to Canada Place, Gas Town and Downtown Vancouver shops is a quick ride away. Many will recall that this park is same location that the All Nissan Meet has been held at from 1998 to 2011.

Jan 2017:

We are still in the planning stages here in early January, however the basic show will follow a similar format as last year - why mess with success!

Details will follow by spring regarding classes and the show schedule of events. But for now please mark your calendars for the All Japanese Classic Car Show.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Byron510

Re: All Japanese Classic '17 - Vancouver BC Aug 27

Post by Byron510 »

The AJC show is just around the corner - less than 2 weeks away.

Attendance looks to be even better than last years show with a whole lot of new cars that we've never seen already signed up.
Oddly, many of those that we know well have not signed up for preregistration. But I fully expect to see them at the show as well.
The Toyota group has grown significantly this year, and of course the Nissan camp is very well supported as usual - but oddly few late models pretegistered. The classic and modern Hondas are well represented. I'd love to see some more of the less common classic Japanese cars like old Subaru's and Mitsubishis (like a 70's Brat or a Dodge Colt), if you have one, we really do encourage you to bing it out - in any condition! Supprisingly few early 80's Nissans preregistered however. If you have one, and any classic or vintage Japanese vehicle or motor bike, certainly bring them out and showcase your stuff.
We have an '80 510 coming down from Chetwynd in Northern BC, which is cool. We have other further away entries from Northern and Southern Alberta, Washington and Oregon states. The cross section of cars represented is looking great. Preregistration is now near 150 cars, I do expect to break the 250 mark this year.

We still need a few parking attendants for the day of the show. If you would like to volunteer to park cars, you will get free entry and an event T shirt for your mornings efforts. Contact myself or Richard if you are interested.

And if you haven't pre-registered online, I do encourage you to do so as it makes the morning registration for us organizers and yourself as an attendee much quicker and straight forward.

The long range weather looks awesome - we've had an epic summer for sunshine, and it's to continue past our show.

I'll update this thread again just before the show, but certainly post any questions that you have. Richard and I are really looking forward to another great AJC Car and Bike Show at Waterfront Park in North Vancouver this year.

Byron
zKars
Supporter

Post by zKars »

I just remembered to register this morning! Been planning on coming for months. Just woke up apparently.
Thanks for putting on this show again, I know it will be a grand success.

Should be there in the 510 unless someone out there wants to buy my Z!
tycot1
Supporter

Post by tycot1 »

where do we register at?
http://bigtimemotors.ca 1972 datsun 510 220 hp ka "couped", 1971 510 westwood champ gt4 '81& "83, 1979 550 hp trans am, 1962 cadillac hrdtp, 2005 subaru sti, 1999 triumph daytona 955i.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

What he said....^^^^^^^
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks, just need to figure out if I am around that weekend.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Signed up and just talked to my MR2 friends who are coming again. Weather looks to be just awesome again. As the Iron Workers can be a nightmare in the afternoon now, I may ask someone to check the traffic situation before I leave, so as to not get hung up in some insane backup.

Keith Law
Bleach

Post by Bleach »

This event sounds promising.
I went to that All Nissan show back in 1998
Byron510

Re: All Japanese Classic '17 - Vancouver BC Aug 27 - 190 cars entered as of today

Post by Byron510 »

This years All Japanese Classic is shaping up to be just as exciting as last years show, with 190 cars entered as of today.

We are sure to hit the 250 car cap for the show, gates will close at that time as there just isn't space in the park for more. If you want to guarantee your spot, be sure to register online.

http://alljapaneseclassic.com/#!store

Weather outlook is sun, sun and sun.

Richard and I look forward to seeing those that can attend - see you there

Byron
Byron510

Re: All Japanese Classic '17 - Vancouver BC Aug 27 - Pre Reg closed at 205 cars

Post by Byron510 »

Just a quick note. Pre registration closed tonight at 205 entries including 9 bikes. We hope to see many more on the day.

There is a cap of 250 cars for the show because is space limitations. So if you're planning on coming and registering on Sundaybat the park - BE EARLY!

Thanks to those that did also volunteer to help. We have a dozen so far, could use a couple more. If interested, show up before 7:30 and you'll get a shirt for helping out an big.

With vintabge Subarus, Datsun's, Hondas, Toyotas, Mitsubishis and bikes pre registered and weather planned to be perfect - this will prove to be a really great show this Sunday in North Vancouver.

Byron
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

hey guys, i will see you all at the show on sunday. :mrgreen: cut my cast off on wednesday now ill be able to walk around. :roll:
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Who or what group receives any monetary benefits from this show?
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

Who got the James' Pick trophy last year?? - I can't remember..... :oops: :oops:

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Tug "O" War rope is in my trunk.

I do have two sets of those plasma LED' 1157 bulbs left that I will bring to the show of any one is interested.

Keith Law