71 1200 Project ( Picture intense)

View and post your Nissan/Datsun project(s)
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: 71 1200 Project ( Picture intense)

Post by bertvorgon »

Could you use/want some factory manuals, I think I have some in the Vorgon archives, rather you have them than they have another birthday in a box.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
powerbench

Post by powerbench »

For sure Bert . I got a factory assembly manual when I bought the car ( wrong year , but right car) , but it has fallen apart when I left it in the car and forgot about it in when driving home from portland in a rain storm.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I will root through my stuff tomorrow at work, buried up stars somewhere. Keep you posted.

Car looks good, love the green! My first ride ever in a truly high power to weight ration was in Andy's 1200 with the Colt turbo charged motor in it. At the time (70's) likely made close to 300Hp, beyond scary ride.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
powerbench

Post by powerbench »

Ya , when the A12 becomes boring , I will think about a CA18 DE conversion. I think they are around 145 hp , maybe some cams and a tune and bigger injectors I can squeeze 170. That should be more than enough to get me in trouble ( or maybe a Turbo , but i don't want an inter cooler hanging out the front a stuff)
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I donned my pith helmet and Blazo lantern today, descending into the Bert Vorgon Archives. After moving 72 boxes, finding things I did not know I had, I came upon the suspect box. Sure enough, right at the bottom, under an original Nissan Competition catalog, was the 1200 Factory Chassis and Body manual, in mint condition. Weird thing...I have three of them.Where or how I got them I have long forgotten.

One is yours, send me your address or where we could meet if you would like it.
Attachments
IMGP3005 (Small).JPG
IMGP3005 (Small).JPG (82.15 KiB) Viewed 6126 times

Keith Law
powerbench

Post by powerbench »

Wow ,
Thanks,
I would love to just meet up with ya and shake your hand instead of just sending it . I would love to give ya something for it . A nice bottle of wine .....beer ...something?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

PM me your phone number and address, then we can key up a meet. I leave work at 2:30 most days or on a weekend.

If a six pack of Sleemans fell into my hands that would be more than great.

Rooting through the Archives is always fun, I could have saved Indiana Jones a lot of trouble as the Ark is in Aisle 2. How is it as humans we save so much STUFF?

Keith Law
powerbench

Post by powerbench »

PM sent
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks for the beer!

Powerbench has promised to have the car ready for next summer, so he has signed up for the 7th position on the starting grid for our drives.

That green should just "POP" in the sunlight, looks good.

The punch-up on 104th was gone when I got back there.

Keith Law
powerbench

Post by powerbench »

Thanks again Keith for the manual....I might need to be a bit further back on the start..69 hp can only hold up the whole field ...All the fun dust ups happen in Surrey
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

More than welcome, glad it has gone to a good home.

69 HP is just fine, our drives are about MOMENTUM......so once we are up to speed...we just never slow.....so, that is why your are working on that great suspension...Brakes last me FOREVER...as I never use them. Why would you, they just slow you down.

I also have a ton of decals, which I have found can grab you another 50hp no problem. I remember back in the 60's when I put the Thrush muffler on my 58" Chevy and the Woody Woodpecker decal on my back window, I KNOW I picked up 50 HP.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.74 KiB) Viewed 6016 times

Keith Law
powerbench

Post by powerbench »

Maybe I'll just get the valve cover chromed and and put a 4inch chrome tip on the exhaust ...
powerbench

Post by powerbench »

Between work and work . progress has been slow but happening( plans are in the works to build a proper shop right now where I can actually work )
Here is the progress thus far. I found a shit load of little mistakes I made and I'm correcting as I go and will have to touch up some later. I have done a cut and buff( not all orange peel is gone , I was worried about paint thickness so I went as far as I could without burning through)
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I didn’t realize the paint had gone on!

So will you make the All Japanese Classic this August? Maybe take it to the Canby show just south of Portland in June?

Can’t wait for some shots where you can stand back a little further.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
powerbench

Post by powerbench »

Canby.. probably not judging how my work schedule is going .... all Japanese show that I might make it by .Money and time , the 2 things I always seem to be lacking