Wanted to Buy: Floor Pans, Body Repair Panels

Post your forsale and wanted ads
daw

Wanted to Buy: Floor Pans, Body Repair Panels

Post by daw »

Wanted to Buy For '72 510 2 dr:

I am looking for repair panels for the rusted quarter panel section to the rear of the rockers at the lower leading edge of rear wheel arch, need both L & R sides.
I am looking for both L & R rear quarter windows, mine are rusted at the lower rear corners.
I am looking for both L & R front floor pans.

Thanks for replies/leads on sources.
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Re: Wanted to Buy: Floor Pans, Body Repair Panels

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

I think Futofab will have some of what you are looking for.
daw

Post by daw »

Thanks for reply. I have looked at FutoFab and although I think that they used to carry the stuff I need they don't have these in their catalog any longer.
I am going to contact Wolf Steel in Canada. I see they have a couple of specific pieces I need but not the floor pans. Also need to see if 18ga or 20ga steel. I also have a couple of 240Z's and need to look at what I might need on them too.
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

I think that they have both left and right wheelhouse pieces and quarter windows for both sides. Just look up Futofab .com
joker72z

Post by joker72z »

The Wolf Steel pieces are poor quality and need a lot of work to make them fit. I bought some a number of years back and just left them off to the side as they were so deformed.
Futofab stuff looks 1000% better in my opinion.
Good luck
Never start vast projects with half-vast ideas
1971 510 2dr, 58KM original
1/74- 260Z, 66K orig miles - SOLD
1/73- 510 2 door bare shell - SOLD
daw

Post by daw »

I appreciate the tip. Is the FutoFab wheelhouse piece what you ended up using?
I wonder why it has a hole in it right at the corner?
Is the wheelhouse piece for the inner aspect of the quarter panel there, or the skin surface?
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Your best bet is to email Futofab and ask them about the pieces.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

the hole you I think you speak of is for the rocker trim. on a 2dr the entire wheel house would be covered by the rear 1/4.

most of us just make rocker ends by hand and repairs to the rear 1/4 if the rust does not cross the bumper line.

"Lower leading edge of rear wheel arch" I use rusty fenders to patch my dogs.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
drieseck
Supporter

Post by drieseck »

daw,
Just another 2cnts, FWIW.
I did use the Wolf Steel set with great results, both my 510 & 280, I'd bet the gage is heavier than OEM. I've seen the comments regarding fit and finish. However, my experience was: they were very adequate. I went-in expecting some fitment and fab. (and I do agree: Fhotofab's parts are likely the best, if you need whole sections.) IMHO, based on the cost $75 ea, (i thought cheap), when I'm exhausted staring at rusted holes. Depending on your skills or your body shop, some work was anticipated. Like some comments above, I did use off the shelf metal to do small(er) spot-fixes and inner-fender/body. I used WS panels for the exterior to keep the surfaces, connections and transitions accurate the goal toward very minimized mud. Dave
superleggera

Post by superleggera »

For floor pans try Chris - he has a facebook page called 510 specialties. He has sold many floor pans for the 510 for fourm members, myself included.
daw

Post by daw »

Thanks superleggera. I am contacting him now.
daw

Post by daw »

I missed out on his most recent batch of floors bit I am in line for the next run. He doesn't make the lower quarter skin piece for rust repair
so I am still looking For those.
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

Chris Deshane makes great floor boards. He is on Face book, and probably a member here,or someone knows how do catch him
Here is his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/chris.deshane.9

DOH ! Someone beat me to it! LOL.
daw

Post by daw »

I appreciate you folks pointing me in the right direction. I got in on this current order run. Looking at his photos I am awestruck by the skills he has.

I am still looking for the rust repair skin sections for the rockers just before the rear wheel arches.

My car is going to end up as more of a retro rod or period-correct road race rather than a pristine stock restoration. I would consider wide/flare fiberglass quarter panels if I could find a great deal on them. I would do the rear fenders first then find something for front fenders to go with the look of the rears. My front fenders just have a little rust in the usual spots and I could get by with just spot repair and added flares up front.

Thanks again for the help.