2018 Canby show, June 8,9&10th, Clackamas county fairgrounds

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: 2018 Canby show, June 8,9&10th, Clackamas county fairgrounds

Post by bertvorgon »

Does that mean YOU will not be with us? Maybe I misunderstood you.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I'm 95% sure I'll also be there with my Barry riding shot gun :-)

Keep you posted later tonight.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Good, would be nice to have a bit of a convoy going down, for all the reasons.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

I'm trying to get a vehicle ready to go but it won't be my Datsun.
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Guys, my brother and I will meet you at he muster point at 8am to caravan down together.

Spent the day on his car getting things ready - mostly trim items that never really got done, like door handles and rear window winders. Made him a new trunk cover for his spare tire - which still needs to be located. Found all the emblems that he’ll need to cover up the hole in the fenders and trunk lid. Found trim for the rocker panels and to put in the window rubber. I sent him home this afternoon with a pile of rags and some Autosol with instructions to start polishing! He was also going to apply the double sided tape to the Datsun emblems for the fenders and trunk lid.

I got the nut and bolt check done on the Bronze. Had to install new rear wheel cylinders, both were getting a bit lazy. In the process I did flush the front, rear and clutch systems with new fluid. Did a short test drive last night - she’s ready to roll.

Byron
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I will have my small air pump and a can of Flat Fix/plugs for the trip. And my usual mix of small tools, rags, hand cleaner,car wash stuff, brake clean, octane boost, 5 gallons spare fuel, road food, misc. bits I always carry.

I hope to have my new LED lights in next week. I am going to re-Rain X my windshield, as I have a funny feeling about the weather! I think I may just pop in a fresh set of cold plugs too, as the motor is just going to sit at 4,200 RPM for 6 hours.

Thoughts on lunch? I'm for just having the mobile road food scenario, as we will be stopping enough for random fuel fill ups. I will defer to the crowd on this one.

Was there a hose at the motel? I cannot remember if Art was the one that brought it.

Do we want to do #205 direct to Canby?

Keith Law
chunstone

Post by chunstone »

Looks like rain and cold for the show.
4 link VG30 wagon, Stage 2 cams PP heads headers.
170 hp-180 tq
Call Doug at UP Motors, Tacoma, "engine swap elite"
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I see that has now been forecast, rain through the whole corridor from Vancouver to Canby, Friday, Sat and Sunday.

No interest in going if raining, not going to risk my car on I-5 with race tires on, let alone slime city for 12+ hours.

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I looked at the weather this morning, trace of rain Friday going into the evening. Some rain Saturday and a trace Sunday morning. The weather prediction always seems worse that the actual event. And if the rain falls Saturday - it's a totally laid back day anyways, so I'm good with that. The 10x10 is still in the back seat of my car - I think I'll just leave it there and bring it down.

I recall the 2011 show where it was sunny and raining all at once on the show day Sunday - in fact it showered 3 times throughout the show, yet I still was sun burned at the end! We just kept a chamois handy :-)
As it stands with the weather, we'll get down in the dry on Friday and back home on dry roads Sunday evening. I'm good with that. I'm not too concerned about the Saturday rain that's predicted - it's not huge amounts and there'll be less people scavenging through all the items for sale, better for us die hards. And there is the Renaissance Fair happening right on the same grounds next door. Trust me, you need to walk over there - it's pretty cool to breeze through - maybe even take in the jousting competition and a bit of freshly brewed on side birch ale... My brother and I did this last year and it was also a blast!

My brother and I are going, no matter the weather. Rooms booked. And my father is going primarily to meet Peter Brock - he's pretty stoked. Looking forward to the weekend

Byron
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I hear yah.

Keith Law
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

bertvorgon wrote: 04 Jun 2018 07:54 I see that has now been forecast, rain through the whole corridor from Vancouver to Canby, Friday, Sat and Sunday.

No interest in going if raining, not going to risk my car on I-5 with race tires on, let alone slime city for 12+ hours.
Puta! :lol: just kidding. Hell I drove from NH along with Kenny from Indiana and Dave Qwik510 from Maryland last year. Had to go through plenty of down pours on the way and granted I don't drive around on race tires because I don't compete as you do. Maybe you can use different tires? but I don't blame you really. I hate driving my 510 in the rain and avoid it as much as possible. Hope you can make it and Damn you Canby and your Oregon wetness, and we East Coast 510ers complain about rain at Summit Point each year, it's nothing compaired to Canby moisture.

Have a Great Time guys!!
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I know I am a wimp when it comes to rain. I don't know if it comes from a life time of camping no matter what the B.C. weather throws at us....racing for 25 years in some events with a day of hard rain, where you HAD to be there for points....and, just being a silly car guy who likes my stuff to stay shiny.....

Worked on the car yesterday as it will be ready no matter what. I got my LED flasher in the mail and hope to pick up my bulbs across the Border today. I will install the flasher today regardless, as that will at least let me know that it works, as I do have an LED turn signal at the right front of the car, so that side hyper-flashes when turning.

The way the weather can change here..no matter how many super computers predict what is coming...still has me just looking out my window.....

I will put a fresh coat of Rain-X on too......

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

As of right now I am still planning on going. If it is raining a lot I may be a bit slower but these tires are surprisingly good in the wet. They just don't like standing water. I will touch base with you Thursday Byron but if you want to head down together I can meet you at the store just before the border.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

See you guys down there! I'm taking my sunny truck this year I think.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
chunstone

Post by chunstone »

We are building a new house here in Chelan, doing all the work ourselves. We poured the foundation a week ago and just today the electrical inspector approved the conduit from the meter to the house, so now I can get on the tractor and backfill the ditch and foundation. Since we are camped out in the camper, we need to spend every minute getting the house livable before the really cold weather sets in November.
Would have liked to go, especially since Brock is on the agenda, but not this year.
Will wait to see the photos from you all. Have a great time. Neil.
4 link VG30 wagon, Stage 2 cams PP heads headers.
170 hp-180 tq
Call Doug at UP Motors, Tacoma, "engine swap elite"