F10

Post your forsale and wanted ads
RMS
Supporter

F10

Post by RMS »

my second most favorite fugly Datsun.

man wish I had a passport now id be all over that beauty https://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 05393.html
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Byron510

Re: F10

Post by Byron510 »

Damn, and it’s even a wagon version.

But if you’d ever drove one, you’d change your mind about wanting it! It’s simply one of the worst designed shifter mechanisms I have ever had the chance to touch!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

It wouldn't be for driving, I don't believe in FWD. I would get paid to park it beside new cars to make them look better.
gooned

Post by gooned »

Can’t be many left, they were all junk by late 80’s, wagon is total unicorn!
510rob

Post by 510rob »

The plot... suddenly... got... super... tense...
RMS wrote: 09 Sep 2018 08:51 It wouldn't be for driving, I don't believe in FWD. I would get paid to park it beside new cars to make them look better.
Phew! This resolves everything!
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I would for sure drive that car. I'm not a fan of FWD but either drive it as it or just cram a cheap newer FWD motor into it. It's so ugly it looks good.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
dp61

Post by dp61 »

If anybody does buy it, believe it or not I actually have a new windshield in the basement for one of these.....
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

There is no doubt about it’s Japanese styling and heritage- that’s for sure!

Did you catch the 310 for sale in Delta this weekend, it’s the next Gen Sunny in line, just as rare but significantly improved. Not good, but better.

The only F10 that I am personally say I enjoyed....
As a kid, with my father Ice racing in Edmonton, some guy showed up from BC with an F10 sedan equipped with an FIA head on an A15 and a wing mounted over the front end. Now this is cira 1980, and F10’s were not that old, but the field was made up of 510’s, Z’s, 2002’s, 911’s, bugs and type II’s, the odd Civic and the odd Opel, Fiat, Lancia, Peugeot and on occasion (if running) something British. The fields were reasonable, and good racing was had (unlike the demolition derby shit they called ice racing that I took part of in Cache Creek). Anyways, back to dad racing as a kid - this winged F10 shows up in the pits on the Sat am, and everyone is laughing - quietly to themselves of course being the polite Canadians that we are. The car is entered in all three classes- Rubber to ice (standard winter tires), studded (street legal studs) and unlimited (non street legal twin chisel studs and bolts mostly at that time). So rubber to ice goes out first to sweep the course as usual, and the F10 places a very respectable 3rd, first race out. Suddenly there’s low murmuring and more attention. The guy quickly changed to street studs, grids last in a field of 25 cars - drives an increadable race,picking his own line around the mixed bag of RWD and a few FWD’s and manages a first overall with three laps left. In a 15 minute sprint, this is just unheard of at the time with the run groups this large. The car has capability and the driver talent, this became obvious. In the unlimited class against fiercely serious machinery, the F10 (even twincarbed and FIA head equipped) just didn’t have the go to compete. But to absolutely everyone’s surprise, the car dominated street stud and gave the top 5 in rubber a run for their money all weekend.
And I never saw, or even heard of, the car or the driver again.

Fun, but likely irrelevant story. I just would rarely get a chance to tell it as it’s freekishly weird!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.