WTB: Column cover/ignition lock, etc

Post your forsale and wanted ads
iceman510

WTB: Column cover/ignition lock, etc

Post by iceman510 »

Hey fellow Realmians (?),

I am in need of a column cover for a 73 (if it matters), manual style. If you have a matching ignition lock to go with it that would be a bonus. I'm working on collecting parts for a project car (was used as a track car for a long time) I am putting back to a street car. This list will likely become longer as I identify more things. I am working with Dave (qwik510) on a list of things at this time, so I am letting him see what he has first.

I will also throw out there that I will need door weatherstrips (2 door), trunk and door channel rubbers. I know these are available new, and will buy new as needed, so if someone has new parts that are surplus I would entertain that. If anyone has recommendations on best source for cost/quality on these parts, that would be great. I know there is Datsport, Precision, Scott's and maybe others.

Thanks all. PM or reply here if you prefer.
yenpit

Re: WTB: Column cover/ignition lock, etc

Post by yenpit »

Lowell?? I was in K'zoo & Holland for 22 years, now in Denver! Was this an old SCCA car or vintage or ?? Did you buy it recently?

AND I grew up in Silver Spring where Dave qwik510 is!! Didn't know him growing up, but visit him whenever I can, when I go home! Such a small world!

If Dave doesn't have, I will have a steering column 2pc cover w/ the correct screws. Do you need the hazard switch that is attached to the lower section?

I have USED ignition lock assemblies, but they are almost always worn! The reproduction 240Z lock assemblies on eBay bolt right up & plug right in & only cost $80-90 delivered!

PM if interested!

TJ
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
iceman510

Post by iceman510 »

Hi TJ. Not Lowell, but Howell. I know Lowell though. I have passed through there a few times on the way to Grattan Raceway. I think I moved to michigan (2014) not too long after you left. Too bad, as it would have been nice to have your warehouse of parts nearby. A friend of mine discussed buying your orange shell a few more years back.

Car was SCCA ITC, and previous owner was planning to vintage race it, but never finished it. I think it is nice enough to make a street car and has no flares, so I don't intend to race it. I picked it up this summer after discussing it for about 3 years :).

I will send you a message, as Dave says he does not have a column cover, etc.

Thanks for the lock info. Are those the parts that designguu sells?
Attachments
20151003_181139 smaller.jpg
20151003_181139 smaller.jpg (650.71 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

Wow, good looking car! Where did it come out of?

Yes, but ZCar Depot, MSA ZCar Store all sell the same lock assemblies here in the States!

Do I see a 1970 Mustang in the garage?

Greg Wold?? He bought my orange shell back in 2012, just before I moved to Denver!

TJ
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!