Armada lug nuts odd size??

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
Edm620

Armada lug nuts odd size??

Post by Edm620 »

I acquired a set of '10 Armada alloy wheels for my project and attempted what should have been quite simple - buy some lug nuts. The ones I got aftermarket (Dorman) are too big in the shank (17mm) to fit into the rim holes (15mm). Tried another set, no different. Tried the dealer and what they show is acorn style - not correct for an alloy wheel. Anyone know what the correct lug nut should be? I fully expect it to be flat shouldered but maybe I'm wrong and it is acorn??
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
Ugandan Proverb

76 620 Full custom/resto-mod
JordanTr

Re: Armada lug nuts odd size??

Post by JordanTr »

Lots of the new wheels have just gone to 60* taper lug nuts. Most use a pressed in steel insert that the nut seats on (R32 GTR wheels, Nissan BBS wheels, R33GTR etc.). My dad's Titan wheels take "normal" tapered/acorn lugs like most new wheels. On the contrary, my 370Z rims take the old crappy mag style with the washer.

It's frustrating that there are inconsistencies. Sounds like tapered lugs are the way you need to go though. Post a pic and we can confirm.
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
Edm620

Post by Edm620 »

Armada wheel cropped.jpg
Armada wheel cropped.jpg (395.94 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
These are the rims I'm using. As you can see there is a recess for the washer. The original studs are nowhere near long enough and I have longer ones to put in - hopeful they're long enough as I went by the Armada specs.
Ugandan Proverb

Edm620

Post by Edm620 »

Here's a close-up pic, you can see the seat better
wheel close up small.jpg
wheel close up small.jpg (142.27 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
Ugandan Proverb