FNG

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
Duncan

FNG

Post by Duncan »

I'm Duncan. I live in Huntington Beach, CA. (About 30 miles South of Los Angeles)

I actually logged onto this board a few years ago, but haven't really been active at all.

About 7 or 8 years ago, I imported a wagon from Australia. It ran and (sort of) stopped, but it was pretty much a basketcase. I'm still attending to a few details, but I'm wrapping up the restoration on it.

Now that the wagon is running, I hope to get a bit more active.

Here's a quick before and after...
The attachment CnC1.JPG is no longer available
as arrived
as arrived
CnC1.JPG (107.24 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
Duncan

Re: FNG

Post by Duncan »

Thanks for the add! Not sure why the pic failed, but here's the wagon as it looks today..
Today
Today
AussieWag.JPG (85.3 KiB) Viewed 1996 times
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

Welcome.

Very nice goon you've got there! Maybe post up a "built" thread?
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Very nice color, looks good. Let's see the motor man.
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Thanks for the kind words.

It barely ran when I got it, but with a new (to me) intake manifold, a new Weber carb, and a matchbox dizzy, I was able to get the L20B that was in it running pretty well. I did most of the work on the car, and slapped the L20 back in it just to enjoy the car for a bit. I did the work over 6 years in my free time, and I'm just enjoying having it running, driving, and stopping well.

I'm going to play with it for a bit, but plans are either rebuild a super-clean L20, or possibly swap a KA24de. Just haven't made up my mind on what to do. I've got a Z 5-spd trans in it, and it's quite adequate for driving as-is for a bit. The motor just isn't as detailed or as clean as the rest of the car. The engine bay looks good, though :lol: