RUN BEYOND HOPE 2019

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

RUN BEYOND HOPE 2019

Post by bertvorgon »

Well, where would people like to go? We are now into summer holidays, so an early start for part of our journey will be key for getting a clear'ish road.

One route could be UP the Hope/Princeton...to Princeton...then over to Merritt...then over to Spences Bridge and back down the Canyon.. We would at least get the Hope to Princeton section with minimal traffic. That is a really scenic tour no matter what. The Coke is out as there is bridge repair outside of Hope and we don't want to be stuck in any traffic jam. This route is a LONG day, so keep that in mind.

Or, we just go to.......

I just came back through the Canyon from Lytton, it is in good shape. ( even the Lytton to Lillooet section is still mint from the new pavement, survived winter just fine.)

as for dates.....July 14th, July 20/21, July 27/28 are available to me. I'm out for anything in August.

Thoughts, suggestions...who is interested....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
butters68
Supporter

Re: RUN BEYOND HOPE 2019

Post by butters68 »

if we do a short blast i'm good for the 14th, if do the big run i'm good for the 27th.
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
JasonLee
Supporter

Post by JasonLee »

At this point It looks like I am good for the 27th.
Jason
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

I can do the 20-21or the 27th.
slowerthantime
Supporter

Post by slowerthantime »

If you make it to Princeton, a run down Old Hedley Rd or out and back (to the end of the black top) on the Princeton-Summerland Rd toward Osprey Lake are well worth it.

If its the 27th and you make it this far, I'm around to fire up the BBQ.
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Oops I can’t do the 27th
Alveen240/610

Post by Alveen240/610 »

I'm ready for any dates bt my 620 stil has a 4speed.hope I dnt overheat following the 510s and unadjusted 4wheel drum brakes.i better kp distance if behind anyone. I will company bt wont enjoy the curves n winds.
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

is this still a go ? just wondering cuz yah just cuz. :mrgreen:
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yes, just waiting for final route as we get closer to early next week and possible weather window. Sorry I have not updated, trying to get a bunch of stuff done before Aug 2.

I will be burning up some fuel this Sunday on Richard's drive, so need to get a few things in order before the 27th.

Drove the 510 over to Andy's yesterday and checked the valves, thought I saw an anomaly in my vacuum gauge at almost idle, so thought I better check. 1 slightly tight exhaust and 3 slightly loose intakes, so good I checked, 53 hours since last check. I use a go/no-go feeler gauge.. .008" hot intake .012" hot exh.

to be continued....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Sorry Gang, but, at this point I am going to cancel for next Saturday. We are MIA a bunch of drivers for one thing, and.......

I just am fed up with #1 Highway , I just cannot face doing that again so soon, let alone in that heat. Yesterday was my 4th time having to come back on that bloody stretch from the Bridal Falls area to at least get off at Sumas. We could not bail any earlier as that gets us into the Cultus Lake crowd leaving, trying to get to #1. Tomorrow, at least it is mid week, I am going canoeing at Lighting Lakes so will yet again have to do that stretch at days end.

I just got baked in my car, the internal temp was just over 100 F. and when going in that stop and go traffic, there was NO airflow. By the time Johnathan and I got onto 16th, which is a slow goat trail at best, I was DONE!

It is also just not great for our cars, that stop and go with a spray bar, makes me worry about oil flow as my oil pressure dropped some also. At one point my wide band kicked up an E9 code for a few minutes, which is supply voltage is too low???!!! My fans at least proved their worth as my water never went past maybe 175.

Also, it is JULY and the tourist/summer travel is at it's height, which other than the first part of the morning, just overloads our roads...one camper from Alberta and you are done!

We will re-visit this of course in September, tourists are gone, kids back in school and hopefully some cooler temps.

Keith Law
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Hey Keith,I feel your pain. Ethan any I took the Vedder Road exit planning on going along Keith Wilson Road to Abbotsford. We got to a few blocks of it and traffic was stopped! Apparently there was an accident as an ambulance flew by us.I turned around and zigged zagged the by roads to Keith Wilson. A thirty minute drive turned into an hour. We still enjoyed the day and the dam tour was great.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I could have spit nails yesterday!

The lack of forward thinking and planning by both our Provincial and Municipal governments, that goes back to the 70's, just drives me to beyond crazy!!!!

my Social teacher, who was a world traveler, predicted in 1968, the level of growth...why would you not. Sea to the West, mountain's to the North, and our American's to the south...where else could we go.....EAST! He talked about transit, that he had seen in other countries..yet look at the LACK of transit that works for the Southern and Eastern corridors.

My son-in law gave it the college try to take the bus from White Rock, to the Richmond sky train station, then to downtown Vancouver, a 2 hour deal on a GOOD day. At the end of his day, due to the lack of enough cars for the sky train BACK to Richmond, he sometimes had to wait for 3 trains, then the absolute JAM into a car. He tried it for weeks and gave up and went back to his car as the cost of doing it was almost as high as driving his small car daily.

We as commuters, eat the issue, yet, here we are with a 2 frigg'in lane highway on our main route into this vast city..

The growth around where I store my car is just nuts, with another 35,000 predicted to go in as the small acreages are eaten up for 100/150 unit town homes...and NO increasing of the traffic flow infrastructure. 16th avenue is still a single lane goat trail, yet, it is the ONLY southern east/west corridor that is now a main trucking route too. And now, as they have put in MORE traffic lights, that STOP those trucks, they take forever to accelerate, sometimes only getting 2 vehicles through..Holy Crudmucker, Mother of God!

In rush hour the 32nd and 24th corridors are gridlocked NOW...just wait till the condo's and town homes are filled up.

My RANT for the day, so glad I retired when I did, as even with my early starts, traffic load at 6:00 AM finally was the same as when I started at 8:00 AM, reflecting the growth in South Surrey , people doing just what I did, try to beat the traffic. Now, you would have to leave at 5:00 to get a reasonable shot to head to Vancouver through the Tunnel.

and....We won't talk about the skill set, or lack thereof, of today's so called drivers, because as we see daily, on ALL routes, the multi car crashes and insanity that can more than double the commute time.

I'm going to go now and eat another box of nails.......

Keith Law
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

i here yah about traffic man, well not going on drive gives me some more time to work on the slime.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I'm going to head into the wilderness for a day, Matt and I have a mission to a spot that you will not believe the pictures. Never been there before, should be interesting, not many know about it.

Keith Law
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

For God's sake don't move to the island to escape the madness. Already a house is 600k and I have one set of traffic lights to go through town. I'm afraid how far I'd have to move to downsize. Gold River or Sayward it seems. If a gang ever wanted a empty road trip we could meet up at my place and head to Port Hardy. Things wind down past Campbell River pretty quickly.