Recaro Evo 9 MR seats

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Recaro Evo 9 MR seats

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Sup fellas ,

Is anyone on this forum running these Evo seats in there dime? Just picked up a set and was wondering how you guys went about mounting them in your car. I don't have stock 510 mounting brackets. I would rather not mount them like that. Due to how high they put the seat up. My seats have sliders but the PO welded some brackets to fit in his EK. If you have these in your car please upload a photo and share how you went about the install. Here's a photo of the seats. I will take a picture of the sliders when I go back to my storage this week.

Thanks in advance .

ImageEVO9MR by v p, on Flickr
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
yenpit

Re: Recaro Evo 9 MR seats

Post by yenpit »

I have not run these seats, but I use various Acura & Honda seats............if your seats have sliders on them, same idea. I use whatever slider rails come on the various seats, but I would expect that you could retrofit the 510 slider rails......?? I do NOT use the 510 stamped steel seat "risers", cuz like you said, they raise the seat (no matter what seat you use) too high at the rear for my liking. I retain the front seat crossmember (some people cut them out :( , mount the front of the slider rails on top, just like the OE 510 seats, but I drop the rear of the slider rails down to the floor, which lowers the rear of the seat. I modify mounting ears/tabs that are on the slider rails, sometimes I need to weld, depends on the ears/tabs. I use good quality bolts & big flat washers UNDER the floor pan........you can also go a step further & fab up some larger steel plates for UNDER the floor pan, if concerned about the bolts & big washers pulling up thru the floor in a collision. I usually have to fab up a spacer on ONE of the rear ears/tabs, cuz the 510 floor pan is not dead flat across. Hope that helps!

TJ
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

yenpit wrote: 29 Oct 2019 15:02 I have not run these seats, but I use various Acura & Honda seats............if your seats have sliders on them, same idea. I use whatever slider rails come on the various seats, but I would expect that you could retrofit the 510 slider rails......?? I do NOT use the 510 stamped steel seat "risers", cuz like you said, they raise the seat (no matter what seat you use) too high at the rear for my liking. I retain the front seat crossmember (some people cut them out :( , mount the front of the slider rails on top, just like the OE 510 seats, but I drop the rear of the slider rails down to the floor, which lowers the rear of the seat. I modify mounting ears/tabs that are on the slider rails, sometimes I need to weld, depends on the ears/tabs. I use good quality bolts & big flat washers UNDER the floor pan........you can also go a step further & fab up some larger steel plates for UNDER the floor pan, if concerned about the bolts & big washers pulling up thru the floor in a collision. I usually have to fab up a spacer on ONE of the rear ears/tabs, cuz the 510 floor pan is not dead flat across. Hope that helps!

TJ
Right on Yenpit for chiming in. Im going to my storage unit on Thursday to pull the sliders off and see what I can come up with. Once I figure out how I wanna go about it I will post some pics.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

They look like nice seats. Please post pics of how it turns out!
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Wedge engineering makes brackets to mount Recaro seats into the 510.

I had a set of Evo 8 seats in my old 240Z using the Wedge Engineering brackets. It was an easy install.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
Cmac

Post by Cmac »

Easy to mount with factory mounts. Remove whatever is welded to the factory evo sliders. Front bolt holes line up with 510 seat mounts. The rear hole you will have to re drill the slider to match 510 factory mounts. The sliders fit flat on the factory mounts you will be done in about an hour. You have a seat that is hard to find in that material combo they are very comfortable IMO.
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

JordanTr wrote: 30 Oct 2019 14:36 They look like nice seats. Please post pics of how it turns out!
Will do JordanTr. Thanks
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

qwik510 wrote: 31 Oct 2019 02:05 Wedge engineering makes brackets to mount Recaro seats into the 510.

I had a set of Evo 8 seats in my old 240Z using the Wedge Engineering brackets. It was an easy install.
Awesome thanks Qwik510! Im gonna look into them. This could make it super easy if they have something already available. Who doesn't like a simple bolt in solution. lol I know I do.. :mrgreen:
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Cmac wrote: 31 Oct 2019 20:44 Easy to mount with factory mounts. Remove whatever is welded to the factory evo sliders. Front bolt holes line up with 510 seat mounts. The rear hole you will have to re drill the slider to match 510 factory mounts. The sliders fit flat on the factory mounts you will be done in about an hour. You have a seat that is hard to find in that material combo they are very comfortable IMO.
Thats a great way to do it There Cmac. But I don't have the factory mounts and I want the seat to sit lower. If I do it that way the seat will sit up to high for my liking. I wanna it to be lower so I get the feeling I'm setting lower in the car. But Yours is differently a last resort option. Been so busy with family stuff I haven't even had the time to look at the seats or my car for that. Keep you guys posted. Thanks for the input. Cant wait to try them out thanks
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
Cmac

Post by Cmac »

James Johnson will have the stock mounts. If you choose to go that way. T3 also has made mounts you may want to check out.
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

So I decided to try out these out by wedgebrackets.com thanks qwik510 for the info. Let yo guys know how it goes. For the price and ease of install hard to pass up. I will poset of photos of the mounting process on my build thread.
Imagewedgeb by v p, on Flickr
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I've always have to cut down the front rail when installing any seat, actually I want to lower the seat in my Coupe, even the stock seat is to high. Although it's handy to be 6' tall it sucks when your head almost touches the headliner.... I lowered the seat in my daily and I wouldn't mind if it was another 1" lower still!

hard to see in the picture but I plated the top.

"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

icehouse wrote: 03 Nov 2019 16:08 I've always have to cut down the front rail when installing any seat, actually I want to lower the seat in my Coupe, even the stock seat is to high. Although it's handy to be 6' tall it sucks when your head almost touches the headliner.... I lowered the seat in my daily and I wouldn't mind if it was another 1" lower still!

hard to see in the picture but I plated the top.

Yeah buddy get her done.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Ok got the wedge brackets in today. They sit into there designated place perfectly. I haven't mounted them yet. Gonna grab the drivers Recaro and mounted it all up. Post photos after I'm done.

Imagewedgeb1 by v p, on Flickr
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

So this doest lower the seat. But it makes it super easy to mount these Recaro's in my dime. Im actually happy where they sit despite wanting to go lower. So with that said I'm just gonna leave it as is. Im not super tall so it will be perfectly ok. Just need to mark some holes and drill them and im done. For the low price of these brackets and ease of install I highly recommend them.

Images by v p, on Flickr
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !