Rack And Pinion exploration

icehouse

Re: Rack And Pinion exploration

Post by icehouse » 25 Jan 2020 16:47

eastbaysolo_73 wrote:
24 Jan 2020 19:18
Ok fellas sorry for the noob question. But how do you adjust toe in and toe out with the JBC rack? There's no adjustment bolts on the rack itself to be able to adjust this. My drivers side wheel is slightly toed in and my passenger wheel has a tad bit more toed in than drivers. Any insight on this would be very helpful. Could I possibly have bought the wrong rack maybe? Or did i fudge up the install some how?

Thanks in advance guys.
You just need to grab onto the inner tie rod with vice grips. I don't understand why it doesn't have any flat spots.... I make sure the rack is centered by measuring the exposed threads on the inner tie rod. Which is the only easy way it can be done.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 » 25 Jan 2020 17:09

icehouse wrote:
25 Jan 2020 16:47
eastbaysolo_73 wrote:
Ok fellas sorry for the noob question. But how do you adjust toe in and toe out with the JBC rack? There's no adjustment bolts on the rack itself to be able to adjust this. My drivers side wheel is slightly toed in and my passenger wheel has a tad bit more toed in than drivers. Any insight on this would be very helpful. Could I possibly have bought the wrong rack maybe? Or did i fudge up the install some how?

Thanks in advance guys.
You just need to grab onto the inner tie rod with vice grips. I don't understand why it doesn't have any flat spots.... I make sure the rack is centered by measuring the exposed threads on the inner tie rod. Which is the only easy way it can be done.
Thanks Icehouse
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !

icehouse

Post by icehouse » 25 Jan 2020 17:10

eastbaysolo_73 wrote:
25 Jan 2020 17:09
icehouse wrote:
eastbaysolo_73 wrote:

Thanks in advance guys.
Thanks Icehouse
No prob. Can't wait to hear what you think about it after a few drives.

icehouse

Post by icehouse » 25 Jan 2020 17:18

I just got my coupe going. It has the V3 crossmember in it with a 2.4 lock to lock. It has over 6 degrees of caster with ZX struts. The wheels are as close as they can be to the strut, actually I'm amazed they don't rub haha. The tires are only 165 55 14" dude it drives so amazing! I can't believe how much wide tires spaced off the strut can effect just cruising around on our bad roads. Doesn't catch ruts at all and tracks so straight. It's cool to be able to go back and forth with it and my other car with 2.7 lock to lock and power assist. Turns out all 510's need power haha. I want to get the electric column for the coupe.

eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 » 25 Jan 2020 18:07

icehouse wrote:
25 Jan 2020 17:18
I just got my coupe going. It has the V3 crossmember in it with a 2.4 lock to lock. It has over 6 degrees of caster with ZX struts. The wheels are as close as they can be to the strut, actually I'm amazed they don't rub haha. The tires are only 165 55 14" dude it drives so amazing! I can't believe how much wide tires spaced off the strut can effect just cruising around on our bad roads. Doesn't catch ruts at all and tracks so straight. It's cool to be able to go back and forth with it and my other car with 2.7 lock to lock and power assist. Turns out all 510's need power haha. I want to get the electric column for the coupe.

Sweet coupe
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !

eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 » 26 Jan 2020 13:37

icehouse wrote:
25 Jan 2020 17:10
eastbaysolo_73 wrote:
25 Jan 2020 17:09
icehouse wrote:

Thanks Icehouse
No prob. Can't wait to hear what you think about it after a few drives.
Getting close in the middle of wiring the chassis. Motor and transmission are ready. Just a few loose ends and hopefully by summer it will move under its own power. 6 years to get here. lol
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !