wheel repair

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
iceD

wheel repair

Post by iceD »

I have purchased 3 sets of libraesque wheels in the last few years. I had them mounted at different times and of the 12 one was acceptable according to the tire shop. That's 11 of 12 wheels. Fast forward my Chevy Silverado had a leaky tire, I took it to the local Kal Tire and was told the rim was bent. They couldn't supply a GM branded replacement. I went to the local GM dealer and the rim was Cdn$750 plus tax plus installation, so call it grand. I found one on line for about half of that. I went back to the tire shop to fill the leaky tire and the young guy with the air told me about the shop they use to repair wheels. I am not sure why the tire shop guy didn't tell me. A little annoying. So I went to "Alloy Wheel Repair" on Simpson Rd in Richmond and for $250 it looks like new and has a one year warranty. I will be taking the Datsun wheels there and will hopefully have a happy ending. I am sharing this only because you never know what you're getting into when you go to a shop you don't know. And I thought it might be interest others with damaged wheels in the Greater Vancouver area.

ice D
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: wheel repair

Post by datzenmike »

I blame the idiotic fad of drifting for all the bad rims sets that are sold.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs