The Bronze EFI bits.....

View and post your 510 project(s)
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

The first post on the very first page of this thread there is a set of TB's that I machined up. I intend to use these; the Webbers are a stop gap measure. There was some question as to whether or not the TB's that I machined would work. I'm going to prove the system with the Webbers as TB's, then try the ones that I machined up. It's all new to most of us, can't wait to try them, but for now the Webbers are going on due to lack of time to finish the TB's that I started to make.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
hang_510
Supporter

Re:

Post by hang_510 »

Byron510 wrote:Next on the project list:
With Rob there keeping me company tonight, we designed a way of connecting the throttle shaft to the TPS. I'm using a Ford TPS from a 96-99 4.6 V8, due to its very common availability, and it rotated in the right direction for my application.

After some lathe work, a little drilling and tapping, some more lathe work and broaching done on the lathe, some aligning of parts, pressing together these two parts, and some final drilling and tapping to make sure nothing ever comes apart - 3 hours later we had this TPS coupling. Such a small component represents so much time and thought!
Don't ever ask me to re-create this. No drawings, flying by the seat of our pants machining going on here! I had to purchase the M7X1 tap just for this job (the end that threads onto the throttle shaft). I’ll have it now – it’s probably doomed to sit in my tool box forever – never to again be used.
soooo... are you ready to make the second one yet??? 8)

im in need of a TPS for the ITB's i bought.
:?: what was Plan B for you? :?
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
Byron510

Re: The Bronze EFI bits.....

Post by Byron510 »

Figured I'd add to this thread since it's sort of related.

Now wouldn't this sound sweet at WOT!

Byron
Attachments
VJ56 ITB kit 2.jpg
VJ56 ITB kit 2.jpg (194.34 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
VJ56 ITB kit.jpg
VJ56 ITB kit.jpg (172.69 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
510rob

Post by 510rob »

510rob

Post by 510rob »

What a fun re-read! I can't wait for Byron to build a shop at his house - it can only lead to more wizard parts!
510rob

Post by 510rob »

510rob wrote: 11 Jun 2015 12:16 What a fun re-read! I can't wait for Byron to build a shop at his house - it can only lead to more wizard parts!
so, back from the dead and a lot has changed in the meantime...

...Byron, you now have most of this same shop at your house now!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Just catching this thread this morning. We did build a lot of cool things in this era. Rob had his hand in there due to his close proximity to the shop. I did end up buying most of this equipment when that shop closed down, it spent 5 years sitting in a container while I bought a house and built a workshop, then another year before it all got hooked up as I needed to generate the 3 Ph power. Today, I do make all kinds of things, I just don’t document them often. This pst summer I bought a friends vintage race 510, and have been back at the track. I have machined a pile of parts, and done some cool stuff, but just haven’t had a chance to post it all yet. Thanks to Keith for posting the photos he has done. But as you know, most of the work is not at the track, it’s back home in preparation.
And Rob, it’s a shame I moved so far away from you. Otherwise I’m sure we would still be playing in that old shop on a regular basis.
More to come soon :-)
Byron
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Might be time to hop on the bike and buzz out there for a visit, before the real cold and snow start to set in...
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Buying a racecar is the worst! Everything gets put on the back burner for a car that only gets driven a handful of times a year. Sure is a blast though.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam