The White Sloth Project

View and post your 510 project(s)
skippyelwell

Re: The white sloth project

Post by skippyelwell »

Colbino, just read the whole thread, like binge watching an entire HBO series, fantastic work!
Your body photos will be a big help for me, just starting that right now. I guess those 73 only bumpers from 6 yrs ago are sold huh? :wink:
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

skippyelwell wrote: 06 Sep 2020 05:38 Colbino, just read the whole thread, like binge watching an entire HBO series, fantastic work!
Your body photos will be a big help for me, just starting that right now. I guess those 73 only bumpers from 6 yrs ago are sold huh? :wink:
Thanks, man! It has been a long, but enjoyable commitment. I still have more projects planned for her that I hope to start in the coming months.

As for the bumper, I ended up trading the rear 73 bumper for an earlier year one to a realm member.
clean71

Post by clean71 »

Very impressive my friend
1971 PL510 4DOOR AUTO
1969 PL510 WAGON 4SPD
1969 PL510 2DR 4SPD
PeninsulaDime

Post by PeninsulaDime »

Great build. Love the attention to detail. Makes me want to start a build thread.
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

Wow! Has two years really gone by since my last post? Holly cra...

I still have this gal but haven't given her much attention as the motor needs to be rebuilt. I've gathered just about all the pieces to build either the big bire 2.3 or the long rod 2.1. Just need to decide and wait for the machine shop's availability.

In the mean time I've invested in a vapor honing machine and have been restoring Datsun parts for myself, to sell and to provide cleaning/prepping services to all...but mostly for us Datsun guys. I setup an instagram account under "honewerks" if you want to check out my stuff.
Attachments
Datsun_1300_valve_colver.jpg
Datsun_1300_valve_colver.jpg (248.77 KiB) Viewed 798 times
Byron510

Re: The White Sloth Project

Post by Byron510 »

Damn, nice. I have a couple of those valve covers, one matches the actual car it came on. Likely the rarest production bird of them all on these shores.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Nerius

Re: The White Sloth Project

Post by Nerius »

I have one too, shall I sell it for 1 milion euros?
Werner
Even the pain is fun.
https://www.instagram.com/dutchydatsun510/