Baz of Datsport fame, passed

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
Byron510

Baz of Datsport fame, passed

Post by Byron510 »

I received news this morning that a great contributor to our Datsun community has passed a few days ago.
Dan, thank you for keeping me in the loop.
Baz has been a great voice, sharing his plethora of knowledge in the Datsun community for a lot longer than I have been around.
Baz spent time here on the Realm, and over on Ratsun as well as many other places in the world.
But Baz supported Datsun guys all over the world, no matter what you were doing and he was quick to share his experience and knowledge.
On the phone, Baz had a great personality and often spoke with a chuckle. Or maybe that was my Canadian accent :-)
In any case, Baz will be missed. My thoughts are with T'racy and the crew at Datsport.

Byron
Attachments
Baz and T'racy.jpg
Baz and T'racy.jpg (96.38 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
iceman510

Re: Baz of Datsport fame, passed

Post by iceman510 »

I had heard back near that end of last year that he was not doing well at all. Sorry to hear that he passed. Hope Datsport keeps going, they do nice work.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Wow...another GREAT passes!

He and I had some great discussions on what it took to make our 510's handle.

RIP.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
WxMan
Supporter

Post by WxMan »

I spoke with Baz on the phone a few times when ordering parts from Datsport and he was always very generous with his time and expertise. Very sad news indeed.
The company motto seems to be "We're not happy 'till you're not happy."
loungin112

Post by loungin112 »

This is sad. The world lost a good person. Loved calling down to datsport and getting to chat with Baz. Such enthusiasm, cheerfulness (yes, he did speak with an easy chuckle), and expertise. I can only hope that at the end of my time on earth, my name will continue on in such infamy as Baz.
Baz

tRace......Baz of Datsport fame, passed

Post by Baz »

Hi Guys,
I'd like to thank everyone for their support over the last 25 years.
My best mate, partner and husband, Baz, considered this forum an excellent place to share Datto information.
His passion was unsurpassed.
If you need any Datto gear Baz and my apprentice Cameron, who now has his own workshop has taken on the responsibility of continuing the Bazza's legacy, Datsport.
Please see the new website datsport.com

Let the legend live on at datsport.com

Thank you all,
tRace
ostaylor
Supporter

Post by ostaylor »

I just received another order of amazing Datsport 510 stuff... the quality is so amazing and Baz and tRace and the team there has always been amazing to deal with.
Regards,
Owen
70 Datsun 510 2 door - SR20DET - https://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=34572
64 Studebaker Daytona - Supercharged 289 4 speed
65 Sunbeam Tiger MkI
JLsKA

Post by JLsKA »

Wow! I'm very sad... just now seeing this. Baz was great! He footed the long distance phone bill to chat with me before... and tRace would draw little Koala bears in Eucalyptus trees on my packages because I lived on "Gumbark" Place, San Diego. RIP Baz... and blessings to tRace.
edekalil

Post by edekalil »

I really enjoyed talking to Baz way back . I'm sad to hear of his passing some time ago. I have a set of rubber from him to use on a 72 Sedan I have on a rotisserie I need to get back on this next year when I retire.
Attachments
IMG-20191026-141628.jpg
IMG-20191026-141628.jpg (214.24 KiB) Viewed 350 times
IMG-20191026-141643.jpg
IMG-20191026-141643.jpg (202.87 KiB) Viewed 350 times