The best JDM places to visit in Japan?

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
Colbino

The best JDM places to visit in Japan?

Post by Colbino »

I finally pulled the trigger and bought my ticket to the JDM motherland.

With the communities help and input I'd like to find some Datsun / Nissan / Old School / Car show / Swap Meet related places to checkout.

I'll be starting off in Tokyo and heading south to Osaka and possibly beyond.

The potential list:

• Nissan Heritage Museum

• Refresh60 - 5-chōme-39-9 Matsumotochō, Kanagawa Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa 221-0841, Japan

• Upgarage (various locations)

• Flex Auto Review - 3 Chome-1-47 Nakamachidai, Tsuzuki Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa 224-0041, Japan

• Kameari Engine Works - Japan, 〒340-0808 Saitama, Yashio, Midoricho, 3 Chome−1−16

• Star Road - 8 Chome-23-1 Kitakoiwa, Edogawa City, Tokyo 133-0051, Japan

• Jenesis - 2 Chome-8-10 Nakaicho, Kishiwada, Osaka 596-0003, Japan

-Thank you
goichi

Re: The best JDM places to visit in Japan?

Post by goichi »

I 'm not sure Refresh60 is open anymore, I know the owner's health was not very good a few years ago. I haven't heard anything lately but I haven't talked to anyone that would know.
goichi

Post by goichi »

Try to go to Diakokufuto rest area too, it's in Yokohama. its a popular spot to see a variety of cars, mainly on the weekends. The Datsun guys used to meet there on the 10th of every month, but I'm not sure they still do or not, it's been a long time since I have been back to Japan. My close japanese friend had got really sick and had a lot of health problems actually sold his 510 a while back, I haven't heard much from him either.
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

goichi wrote: 09 Mar 2023 21:32 Try to go to Diakokufuto rest area too, it's in Yokohama. its a popular spot to see a variety of cars, mainly on the weekends. The Datsun guys used to meet there on the 10th of every month, but I'm not sure they still do or not, it's been a long time since I have been back to Japan. My close japanese friend had got really sick and had a lot of health problems actually sold his 510 a while back, I haven't heard much from him either.
Hey goichi!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Thank you for the info. I saw a post recently which I believe was refresh, but then again I could be mistaken. There is another guy using that handle on IG.I'll check into that some more later. I will be there on the 10th too, so I'll look into Diakokufuto some more, but that is still a very popular spot just not sure about dates and times. I wish I could locate a site with various clubs and their meet dates and times. That would be too convenient.

Thanks again!
goichi

Post by goichi »

yea, Japan people arent like the americans, they are more reserved when it comes to posting stuff online, now, they could have changed in the last few years, but i'd be willing to bet that most car clubs are tight knit. I doubt there is anywhere you can find information like that.