Fighting CARB and NHTSA

View and post your Nissan/Datsun project(s)
Sumikkolani

Fighting CARB and NHTSA

Post by Sumikkolani »

Heyo

I shipped in my Datsun Bluebird from Fukushima to the Bay!
Registration has been an absolute nightmare.
Red tape after red tape keeps getting pulled.

Car arrived in the states in August 2022.
Costed roughly 7000
Sad part the American truck to bring it from Socal to my spot dropped the vehicle and damaged the rear quarter panel
Next was DMV
My VIN verification with CHP took about 3 months
I thought I was free and clear until I sent the documents to SAC
I need CARB and NHTSA to provide compliance documents or a manufacturer letter. Sad Sad sad :shock: :shock: :shock:

So far I have been doing some maintenence and replacing some things to get the car in good shape for the tests once these people contact me
it's been about a 2 months since I emailed and called the Grey market certified spots.
Mahalo nui Loa,

Laniboi
dat_510

Re: Fighting CARB and NHTSA

Post by dat_510 »

Ya I can understand. I've looked over seas for a Datsun 510 Bluebird. First they are very expensive, second to get it shipped and through the customs. I'm up in canada west coast. It's not worth the $$ and headaches. I've looked into getting a Datsun from California or Oregon but the amount of duty and taxes to get it up here to canada plus the exchange rate for a $20000US purchase by the time it get to my place, it will cost me around $14k Canadian so roughly $10K US and that's only on a $20K purchase double that if you spend $40k you will pay $60K 🤯 gotta find my Datsun up here in BC. Tough to find..
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

If you still need guidance, contact James Johnson aka "The Datsun Keeper", in Cali somewhere. He has been involved in many JDM imported 510's!
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs