New member - Helping my father sell

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
ColinKuj

New member - Helping my father sell

Post by ColinKuj »

Hello - I’m from Buffalo NY and am going to be helping my father sell his 1971 510. He bought it several years ago - the sale was facilitated with the help of Troy Ermish - he didn’t own the car but was familiar with the owner and the car. Prior to the 510 my father had a 1974 BMW 2002 Baur Targa that I helped him sell - I knew more about that car than I do this - this is also moderately to heavily modified (in my opinion, not being familiar what the general sense of this car vs what’s out there / common for track cars) whereas the 2002 was stock and pretty rare in terms of production numbers. I tried going the BAT route but they wouldn’t accept my minimum due to lack of market sales/history - I posted it on Hemmings and an individual from MA flew out and purchased it - a fair sum above the minimum I was asking BAT for as well.

At any rate my dad purchased the car the same time I purchased a 1995 M3 - we had intentions of doing some drivers schools together at Watkins Glen. Long story short it was a pipe dream - I have three children, little time for my FJ40 as it is, etc - it didn’t pan out. He’s now purchased a 1969 Mini and is looking to clear some garage space.

I guess I’ll start with asking if there are any members in the general Western New York area that would be willing and have an interest in coming to check it out - just for the sake of connecting with another 510 enthusiast.

Second I’ll ask if you’ll be kind in your criticism of whatever posts/questions I ask :lol: simply trying to learn more about the vehicle, it’s potential value and ultimately the best way to sell it - not from this post of course.

I unfortunately don’t have many pictures on my phone but can dump a whole bunch if there’s any interest, as well as all the specs - here’s a few to catch your eyes if nothing else - thanks everyone -

Colin
Attachments
IMG_0628.jpeg
IMG_0628.jpeg (319.37 KiB) Viewed 440 times
IMG_0464.jpeg
IMG_0464.jpeg (378.46 KiB) Viewed 440 times
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Re: New member - Helping my father sell

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

It looks like a nice ride. I see that you also have a 510 wagon in your garage. Good luck with the sale!