2024 CAR SHOWS & DRIVES

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

2024 CAR SHOWS & DRIVES

Post by bertvorgon »

I thought I would start this thread now, at least for those that do drop into the site.

As I am NOT on social media, I have no idea what may be going on. As I saw a comment via someone else's smart phone the other day, about a new persons car now on the road, I was pretty disgusted and am GLAD I am not on there..JEEEZUUZ!

I am starting my car today and doing some fiddly stuff, to be ready for mid April on.

I hope that people like Ron S., etc, let me know if they are going to any shows, etc,.

Race season starts at the end of April, so I hope to be helping Specialty again and taking lots of photos. Weather being good I may take the 510 out just for the drive.

I can only assume Byron's 510 day will be a go, it's on a FRIDAY, so must be aware of the traffic crap these days. I just might head to Maple Ridge at noon if a nice day and go sit in a park. That Golden Ears bridge gets crazy late in the day, as does Cloverdale for me. I still relive getting almost stuck at the top in the G35.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and getting some miles under our tires!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
gooned

Re: 2024 CAR SHOWS & DRIVES

Post by gooned »

😎👍🏻🍿

I barely ran one tank of fuel through the M56 last year, I’d love to get a cruise in this year if the timing works.

Be great to see old faces too, not sure how the months manage to go by so fast…
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

Just insured the Blue Goon and made it back to the realm. If we need a parking lot, Langley BMX will rent us theirs on the cheep or free if we bring our bikes and race.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
slowerthantime
Supporter

Post by slowerthantime »

Jason and I will have these two at the Peach City Beach Cruise in Penticton, BC if anyone wants to join. June 21-23, about 800 cars. peachcitybeachcruise.ca

This pic was from Okanagan Falls last year. There is a weekly get together at the Legion if anyone is in the neighbourhood. They usually get about 30 cars.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Hey Jeff, thinking about you the other day. I did the show in Penticton in 2017,
would love to attend again.

Have you pre-registered? I can't remember what I did, other than drive up at 4 in the morning.

Place was freak'in packed when I got there at 8. Some beautiful machines!!!

Would be fun to have a 510 corral. Mountain weather would need to be good for me,
is was perfect the year I went.

Keep us posted.
Attachments
IMGP2304 (Large).jpeg
IMGP2304 (Large).jpeg (612.29 KiB) Viewed 352 times
IMGP2302 (Large).jpeg
IMGP2302 (Large).jpeg (694.34 KiB) Viewed 352 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
slowerthantime
Supporter

Post by slowerthantime »

Hi Keith,
Yeah, Jason and I have both registered. We missed the VIP so we don't have reserved spaces. Probably in the same park you were in last time.
I can talk to the organizers about getting a club spot. Great if we had a few cars together.
I've got a bed for you if you want to make a weekend of it.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks for the offer, will keep that in mind for sure. After my experience last time, we need to be at the park/regi for who ever comes up, at 6 AM! Which means if we drove up day of, that would be a 2 AM start time...UG! I don't even think I could do that now.

Weather window in mountains would have to be 100% too.

Sure enjoyed my drive last time, set my own pace and the highway was empty up through Manning.

Keith Law