Karting @ TBC

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
Derek

Karting @ TBC

Post by Derek »

So who ended up winning the second race? I had to run, and missed the finale. Congrats to Rob on schooling us all in group 1. I figured out that I am not as good as I though I was -- usually I'm there when there is a bunch of yahoos who can't drive, but last night was totally different... Good times at any rate.
bertvorgon
Supporter

RE: Karting @ TBC

Post by bertvorgon »

Oh, yah, that was too much fun. Proud to say my son was blisteringly fast ( I taught him well!) and got the days FTD.
This time the racing was real racing. No civilians out there to get in our way. First heat had Rob winning in a very smooth drive, with Matt hot on his heals. I brought up third. I think my motor was going soft, the tires went away, fuel load changed the handling, and there was oil in turn two. Our group lapped the field from fourth spot, back.
Heat two, had Paul holding of for the win, in a hard fought battle between him, Tyson and Shawn. I watched Paul, and he too was very smooth. I saw some good attemps at "shovelling" by Tyson and Shawn, it was just great. Thanks to Paul for organizing that. Matt and I are still stoked. I think I should have got him going in carts instead of mountain biking. WE WIL DO THAT AGAIN!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan »

I think the best part to watch was James and Jamie battling it out in the first group. I was laughing so hard. It looked like James' kart was glued to the back of Jamie's. That was after Jamie muscled his way through some heavy traffic and passed about 4 karts in 50 feet!
Yes, this event is definitely something that we should consider as a regular event... a staple in our yearly schedule. And I don't see any reason why we can't do it more than once a year! It seems that there are always people who cannot make it, so the more often we go, the more likely it is for everyone to make it out! We had a total of 22 racers last night, and the racing was excellent for sure! I figure the next time we go, we can rent the whole track for an hour and hold an "enduro" style race, with teams, and on-the-fly driver changes in the pits! That would give us a lot of track time.
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

:roll: so where are the pics/video?
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
Byron510

Photos......

Post by Byron510 »

pics
Attachments
The crew, missing Derek and.....??
The crew, missing Derek and.....??
This was the second lap, and the start of the great "Battle of the James'", with McShagger eventually coming out ahead after a very heated battle that no doubt put some wear on his front bumper!!!
This was the second lap, and the start of the great "Battle of the James'", with McShagger eventually coming out ahead after a very heated battle that no doubt put some wear on his front bumper!!!
Pole sitter Rob....
Pole sitter Rob....
rnorrish

RE: Photos......

Post by rnorrish »

who are all those people? why are they never at a meeting? i think Paul, you may be on to something.

and who especially is the sheriff-looking one on the far left? 8)
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

The name is Freedom... Bobby Freedom to you, young outlaw...
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I threw up (get it?!?) a bunch of pictures into my picture gallery of all the fun and games at TBC

http://www.the510realm.com/modules.php? ... php&page=1
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Good pictures FREEDOM! Maybe I can get some driving tips from you some time. I have not heard the end of the fact that my son beat me. RATS! He gets me on the mountain bikes, now blows my doors off in the carts......I'm not letting him drive the Datsun.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Turn7

Re: RE: Photos......

Post by Turn7 »

rnorrish wrote:who are all those people? why are they never at a meeting? i think Paul, you may be on to something.

What?!! you guys have meetings? :wink: [/b]
rnorrish

RE: Re: RE: Photos......

Post by rnorrish »

ha ha...
I'll have to stop going to meetings too and save the gas money for the fun stuff.

....stupid $1/L for gas.... $30 bucks just to dirve to a meeting....stupid Webers....pratically the price of a club membership...
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
Turn7

Post by Turn7 »

Try running Webers with some of the good gas I run. Ouch, $That adds up pretty quick.
:wink: I have a Bike I can sell you :wink:
Think of the gas money you can save
And all the girls you can attract.. right Matt? :P
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That's right, Brent, boy, what a bunch of whiners, eh?! $1.00 litre, what do they know....just try running that C-16 stuff... aaahhhhhhh

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Richard,
After all this slamming of those not going to meetings... I haven't seen you around that much in the last 6 months!!! :shock: :oops:
Just had to razz ya, so we'll be seeing you at the next meeting though, I'd guess!!!! :lol: :lol:
Byron
Turn7

Post by Turn7 »

Yah Whiners! Hmmph. That there fuel is for whussies.
Brent