my daily driver

View and post your 510 project(s)
icehouse

RE: Hey Jeff!

Post by icehouse »

Some pictures of the 200sx crossmember installed. I wish I had a sway bar, anyone know where to get one for the sr conversion. My project is going as planned. The only thing I'm worried about is the stock driveline, how tuff is it? Maybe I'll start a tread. Any questions?
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
jason
Supporter

Re: Hey Jeff!

Post by jason »

jason wrote:Jeff, you better post a descrition of what you are doing in these pics man, I got no clue at all!

Jason
I'd better say that Jeff's doing a 200sx rack and pinion conversion on this project with the complete front cross member and rack from a 1984 200sx. He's also installing the tilt steering column.

Jason
icehouse

RE: Re: Hey Jeff!

Post by icehouse »

Don't forget about power stearing. I don't think that many people are interested because the sr's been done so many times, and I'm sure there sceptical about my rack conversion.

I'm behind schedule, working my ass off though. I helped my brother drop his 03 siverado 5 in the front and 7 in the back. I also did some side work this week, and this weekend I got plans till sunday. Hopefully next weekend I can start it.
jason
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Hey Jeff!

Post by jason »

icehouse wrote:Don't forget about power stearing. I don't think that many people are interested because the sr's been done so many times, and I'm sure there sceptical about my rack conversion.

I'm behind schedule, working my ass off though. I helped my brother drop his 03 siverado 5 in the front and 7 in the back. I also did some side work this week, and this weekend I got plans till sunday. Hopefully next weekend I can start it.
Yep, forgot about the power steering too!

Jason
icehouse

RE: Re: RE: Re: Hey Jeff!

Post by icehouse »

Worked on my rig for a good 15hrs, still not done, I'll be at golden garden for sure though. As long as I don't break the stock drive line or rearend. I finished one side of the IC pipes and got a good start on the other. I also rewired the engine bay, it looks a lot cleaner than it stock. Now to start the sr harness and a few other things.
spooled

Post by spooled »

looks to be a great project, would love to check it in person..i sent you a reply backk...stop on by one day and we can talk datsun!! all my friends are vw guys, so i have a few datsun guys to bs with!!!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Thanks, photos do make it look better. The valve cover is scratched to shit, it must of been on the bottom of the pile. It take so many more hrs to put a turbo motor in. The ca was a breze compared to the sr. I'm mostly exited to try out the power stearing.
zootowndime

Post by zootowndime »

Yeah that will probably be the only 510 with power steering. At least that i know about. Have you done anything to get any more power out of the SR. Whatever who cares, i just love looking at other peoples skills and ideas, and i must say you have some good ones for sure.
Alex King
www.brewedmotors.com
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Well the sr was in my 240 for about a year, the first thing I do to any turbo motor is drill a hole in the waste gate vacume roddy thing. Witch turns up the boost, and and its way more acurate than any boost controler I've ever used or any of my buddys. On top of that its free hp. I set my sr at 10psi and it dynoed 200 at the wheels.

As for my project, last night I put the s13 stearing colum in. Turns out the brake pedal hits the piviot point for the tilt colum. So I'll have to rebend the pedals to clear the colum. Dam I love the feel of my new seats stearing wheel. I'm so exited and I can't hid it.
jason
Supporter

O2 Sensor Mod and S13 Column Installed

Post by jason »

O2 Sensor Mod and S13 Column Installed.
Attachments
Photo 70.jpg
Photo 72.jpg
icehouse

RE: O2 Sensor Mod and S13 Column Installed

Post by icehouse »

Well there you go
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Well not that anyone's that interested but I put the stock shortened rebuilt driveline in built a tranny mount. Re did all the engine bay wirring found a radiator that might work. All I have to say is there's devils in the details. It seems like I spend most my time running around hunting for parts that might fit.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I made it to golden gardens, my car is so fast and drives so nice. Going 80 down the freeway I can let go of the stearing wheel and it drives staight, o and the power stearing is just amazing. It feels more like a 240sx than a 510. Its broke now though haha, leaking water out of the back side of the head, or heater hose I'll check later. O well I want to change a few things anyways. Hmm for fun I'll make a list.....

1. Water leak

2. Wiring (for some reason the key gets hot as fuck)

3. The rack I got from skip leaks, install new rack

4. Boost leak (I hate mafs they suck, way to much room for leaks)

5. Heat shield for brake components, and adjust master.

6.hook up blinkers

There is some people I would like thank, naz, jordan, and eric for there wiring help, its always nice to have someone to talk to with wiring indevers. Shane for painting/engine bay body work. Skip for the cheep s12 parts, o and towing it after it broke. Dug at fairlady for the jdm colum and bryan who also works part time with dug, I got the wheels from him, great guys. My grandpa for letting me use his shop, and his great storys, he's one of my favorite people. Hainz for the sway bar, mirror and drink cossy. Witch I still haven't installed yet. hmm I should add those to the list.

All I have to say is its a whole new car, so fun to drive, I can't wait to get everything worked out so it can be my daily driver again. Its amazing what you can do with a angle grinder, welder, vice, and drill. Any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
jason
Supporter

Re: RE: O2 Sensor Mod and S13 Column Installed

Post by jason »

icehouse wrote:I made it to golden gardens, my car is so fast and drives so nice. Going 80 down the freeway I can let go of the stearing wheel and it drives staight, o and the power stearing is just amazing. It feels more like a 240sx than a 510. Its broke now though haha, leaking water out of the back side of the head, or heater hose I'll check later. O well I want to change a few things anyways. Hmm for fun I'll make a list.....

1. Water leak

2. Wiring (for some reason the key gets hot as fuck)

3. The rack I got from skip leaks, install new rack

4. Boost leak (I hate mafs they suck, way to much room for leaks)

5. Heat shield for brake components, and adjust master.

6.hook up blinkers

There is some people I would like thank, naz, jordan, and eric for there wiring help, its always nice to have someone to talk to with wiring indevers. Shane for painting/engine bay body work. Skip for the cheep s12 parts, o and towing it after it broke. Dug at fairlady for the jdm colum and bryan who also works part time with dug, I got the wheels from him, great guys. My grandpa for letting me use his shop, and his great storys, he's one of my favorite people. Hainz for the sway bar, mirror and drink cossy. Witch I still haven't installed yet. hmm I should add those to the list.

All I have to say is its a whole new car, so fun to drive, I can't wait to get everything worked out so it can be my daily driver again. Its amazing what you can do with a angle grinder, welder, vice, and drill. Any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Whoo hoo, nice first run, got her done for Golden Gardens like you where shooting for! Get Skip to take some pics and send them to me and I'll get them up for you.

Jason
Paul

Post by Paul »

That sucks that I missed out on this thread, good thing I caught it now though lol. It looks great! Must feel great too with the SR. Good luck with it in the future, and I hope you get all of your bugs worked out.