icehouse

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: More Inf

Post by icehouse »

What about eskimos have you seen any of them hahahahahahaha
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
3.8turbo

Re: RE: Hey Jeff!

Post by 3.8turbo »

icehouse wrote:Some pictures of the 200sx crossmember installed. I wish I had a sway bar, anyone know where to get one for the sr conversion. My project is going as planned. The only thing I'm worried about is the stock driveline, how tuff is it? Maybe I'll start a tread. Any questions?
Icehouse, what modifications did you have to make to the 200sx crossmember in order for it to fit you 510?
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Well to make the 200sx crossmember fit it took quite a bit of work, it doesn't really line up anywhere. For starters its to wide only by (this is all from memory) 5\8 on one whole and 1 1\4 side to side (the 510 crossmember bolts are not square), the hard part is its 2 1\4 to far forward. After modifing that part of the xmember the engine mounts also need to move forward, I think 2 1\2. I put the sr in my car, I don't know if the header would clear the stearing, because its 2 1\2 or so inches farther than it should be. I also used a s13 colum. The colum seams safer, the 510 stearing shafts pulls out of th colum, I thought if it had 2 stearing joints in it the shaft might slide out and bind the stearing. So mostly I did it for piece of mind. The end result was amazing, I don't know how many of you guys have driven a s13, it feals exactly the same, I do want more caster, with the sr high speed handeling is a must. Right know my car is broke though haven't worked on it since before golden gardens. I had to move a ton of my datsun stuff because my cousins a dick, and he thinks my grandparents shop is some how his personal recking yard.... So if everyone would us one of his quotes to help me make fun of him it would be great. Okay he always says "we've got to get organized", because he is the most unorginized person in the world, he says we because it makes him feel better about him self. and one time he told me "what are you doing your making apple mud" I was stepping on apples that fell off a tree months before, cars had been running them over the whole time... I was cleaning the shop one day and I was poring the half full pops on the ground out side and he told me " what are you doing, the bee's" as if I was going to atract bee's. you can definitaly see he's fucking idiot. So if everyone could say each of these at least once a day I would be so happy. I do :-)
zootowndime

Post by zootowndime »

well lets go get orgainzed god damnit!!!
Alex King
www.brewedmotors.com
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Another one was "make me some money" hehe
jason
Supporter

You get organized yet man?

Post by jason »

icehouse wrote:Another one was "make me some money" hehe
Hey Jeff, you get yourself organized yet man :) ! Say, I hear that Skip is renting the shop and space over at Tana's, you in on this deal too?
icehouse

RE: You get organized yet man?

Post by icehouse »

O yeah, skips got it full of cars already. And I don't even have one over there yet. I do have some engines over there though. I got friday off so maybe I can get some stuff done.
iHeart510

RE: Hey Jeff!

Post by iHeart510 »

sexy, cant wait to get my SR build started...i kinda need a car first though :/
duke
Supporter

Post by duke »

saw some recent pics of your car...wow, nice front mount. would you call that an outercooler?
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Yeah it is a monster, you can ask anybody that knows me, I use what I've got laying around if I can. I just happened to have that left from my 240sx and I'm way to cheap to buy one I could hide. Also I wanted my car back on the road seeing as its my daily driver. It only took me about a month and a half to get it back on the road, that's rack and pinion sr everything, I though that wasn't to bad. Know I'm just doing all the little projects on the dam thing door hinges maybe get some gauges going stuff like that.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Yeah it is a monster, you can ask anybody that knows me, I use what I've got laying around if I can. I just happened to have that left from my 240sx and I'm way to cheap to buy one I could hide. Also I wanted my car back on the road seeing as its my daily driver. It only took me about a month and a half to get it back on the road, that's rack and pinion sr everything, I though that wasn't to bad. Know I'm just doing all the little projects on the dam thing door hinges maybe get some gauges going stuff like that. Hainz helps me out with a lot of the little stuff non sr related haha, I think he might get one.
duke
Supporter

Post by duke »

I like the look though, very aussie. You should cut the bumper in two and have the intercooler in the middle. I love the look of your car though, cool patina, really low, just bad ass in my opinion.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

PICTURES!!!

...please....
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Tell jason when he comes down to seattle next to bring his camera. I only have my cell phone camera and it suck. I saw a couple on some other web sights can't remember exactly witch ones though :-( someones suposed to post them on nwde.org if they do I'll let you guys know.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Here's a link to some pic's taken at the bbq, the gold one with the sr is nelsons. He is my hero, 5 lug 300z wheels cv shaft axles without shortening the axles, 240sx speedo and tac witch look factory. He's the one that I stole the power rack idea from haha http://www.datsun510.com/photopost/show ... perpage=12&=

I had to roll the s12 wheels due to a flat tire the day before.

Ps thanks for the spare hainz.