Tim's 69

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
Yellowcar

Tim's 69

Post by Yellowcar »

well now I've done it, I bought a new...I mean..another car
Last edited by Yellowcar on 04 Aug 2009 15:20, edited 2 times in total.
duke
Supporter

RE: Tim

Post by duke »

Plans? Looks like a pretty clean starting point. I'm looking foward to seeing it progress, as I dig the yellow car.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

I am currently stripping the car and getting it ready to go out for sandbalsting.
when it gets back from blasting it will get a full cage and any metal work done that is needed
Then seam welding, tilton pedals and a fuel cell then more stuff, repeat as necessary
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

You could own the yellowcar soon :-)
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Things have been moving slowly so far, I have been waiting for room in my friends garage to get started with the cage. soon...

I did order the tilton pedal set today though.
2 pedal set with two 3/4 inch and one 1 inch master cylinders (76 series, the short ones) and a brake bias adjuster cable.

and got the metal and casters to make the cart to put the chassis on while I work on it

Now I just need to get the fuel cell sorted out and ordered...
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

You're going to love that pedal box!!
Di you go withthe reverse mount, or are you going to put the masters in the engine bay??
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Got the reverse mount, trying to keep it clean looking. Still thinking about what to do about the reservoirs though..
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Haha that's funny me and bryon asked the same question just different forums. I'm waiting for yellow car to invite me over to hang out when he works on his new rig, we have been in the same club for 3 years know. :) :) well I can dream. :)
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Its not even at my house yet but I'll probly need help along the way some time, I'll let you know
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

sweet 8)
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

On subject regarding the reservoirs - I would have liked to keep them out of the engine compartment, but I really didn't want to be filling them in the passenger compartment. So into the engine bay they went. If I were to redo anything on that set up of mine, it would be the reservoirs. In the beginning I wanted to fabricate a nice aluminum tank to place on that little shelf in the engine compartment, drivers side firewall area. But in the end, I just didn't take the time to do so. It will probably get changed in the future, but for now it works fine with the Tilton reservoirs.
A little note on that Tilton stuff - avoid using the rubber line that comes with the remote reservoirs. It sweats the brake fluid through the line, and it inevitably starts to drip on your interior. Not cool, just though I'd warn you, that’s why I used a nylon type line (it's actually air brake hose and compression fittings).
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Thanks for the warning!

Nice..brake fluid hose that sweats brake fluid..

I am thinking about using braided steel hose
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

I received my pedals and master cylinders today.
I also removed all the glass from the car and welded up a cart to put the shell on when I finish stripping it.
It is amazing how much stuff there is still left to remove from what looks like a totaly stripped car, every time I look there is one more little bracket or something left. It is very close now though. I still have to remove the door handles and locks, the fuel door and filler tub and the suspension then I *think* I will be ready to send it to the media blaster.

The quarter windows were a pain to get out of the frames but I managed to do it without breaking one or wrecking the seal (can you buy the seal that holds the rear quarter window in?)
Attachments
pedals.JPG
marks510

Post by marks510 »

those are niiiiiiiiice
what pedals and master?
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Everything is tilton