Lorco Flyer - Oct. & Nov. 06

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
rnorrish

Lorco Flyer - Oct. & Nov. 06

Post by rnorrish »

for the local BC guys, I noticed in the newest flyer a few things for us Datsun/Nissan guys - something you don't normally see everyday.

Firdanza Flywheels:
Nissan SR20DET RWD Aluminun Flywheel - $409.99
Nissan K-Series Aluminum Flywheel - $364.99
(I'm guessing it's for a KA - name me another Nissan motor that uses a K designation...)

and to go with it...

ACT Clutches
Nissan S13 K-series 240SX HD Clutch - $399.99
Nissan S14 K-series 240SX HD Clutch - $414.99
Nissan Sylvia (JDM Spec) SR20DET RWD HD Clutch - $434.99

and while you're at it, dropping $$$$ at Lordco (???):

AEM Electronic Boost Contoller/Gauge Combo - $324.99
AEM Wide Band 02 Controller/Gauge Combo - $314.99

psst... all prices would be CDN$

Alright, so there's nothing Datsun related. Except maybe the Wide Band.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
rnorrish

RE: Lorco Flyer - Oct. & Nov. 06

Post by rnorrish »

So if the AEM site list the price for the Wide Band at $349.41 (US$?), this is actually a good deal then, right? But is it a good product? Anyone?

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=67
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I paid about 400.00 CDN to get my INNOVATE up here, so, 349 is in the ball park, thats virtually 400 CDN right now. Looks ok, very similar to my readout, Rob, will likely comment on this, as he seems very familiar with this stuff. That would be a good bargain at 314 CDN.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
510rob

Post by 510rob »

There is a long-standing debate about the various methods used to calibrate wideband sensor systems and which method is best. In my opinion, the method employed by the Innovate products is much better than the method employed by the AEM products.

AEM rely on the laser-trimmed calibration resistor embedded in the sensor's connector. OEM applications do this as well, but many of the OEM systems also employ some method for verification of sensor calibration (essentially a sensor recalibration) under decelleration conditions. The AEM units can not do this.

On the other hand, the Innovate units allow you to perform a free-air sensor calibration whenever you want (with the push of a button). Sometimes, recalibration is inappropriate, but other times it is just a good idea!

If you want to read about it in more detail, read this (focus on the posts from klatinn, as he's the VP of engineering at Innovate)
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/foru ... php?t=1627

I see the AEM is a good price, and I'm sure it works fine, but I am a nerd, and I would still pay more for an Innovate unit!
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

I guess the question is, what does Lordco sell the Innovate ones for?
Both them and Mopac are listed dealers - I wonder which would undercut the other more?

I actually read the whole post - boy does it get technical by the end. Enough to have me convinced to buy the Innovate one when the time comes.

Not to mention, 2-3 users here use the Innovate, making it easy for asking questions.
richard norrish
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcar ... 262&page=1
so I guess this would be the equivalent to the AEM...
for $50US more (comparing website list prices), it seems like it would be worth it.

time to reread Keith's install post....
richard norrish