**sdterrible1 sr20 Datsun**

View and post your 510 project(s)
sdterrible1

**sdterrible1 sr20 Datsun**

Post by sdterrible1 »

Welcome to the slowest build ever! :D
Last edited by sdterrible1 on 24 Feb 2009 08:53, edited 2 times in total.
Datsunkid-510-

Post by Datsunkid-510- »

That is sweet. I cant wait for more pics. i hope your keeping the same color that was on it. I love 510's like that. Updated suspension brakes and motor, some nice wheels, but they keep the same paint that was on it. I prefer those over the rotissery restos. Thats just my taste I like them to look a little worn but perform great. Anyway sweet car either way u do it im sure it will turn out sick with an sr.
sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 »

thanks man..... ya it will staying the same color for a long time(i like mine with no shine). i will get some more pictures up of the wheels and other parts this weekend.
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

nice build! Is that a TSR fmic and mani? What are the plans for brakes/suspension and drivetrain? are you sticking with the stock t28? great job keep it up(Y)sr's are becoming alot more popular i see
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

also i see you have the datsport fitting kit...do you also have NISMO motor mounts? I had a issue with that combo as my hood hit my fuel rail . -just a side note:)
sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 »

Thanks.. yes it is a tsr fmic i also have a tsr radator.. as far as the breaks and suspension. i'm undecided yet, probably the ermish racing coilover setup.
Turbo is gonna be garrett gt30. Yes i do have the datsport kit with nismo mounts and it does look like it is gonna be some trouble. what did you end up doing to fix the problem??

Thanks.

also which gt30r are you running?
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

^Nice. My hood was hitting my fuel rail(but it was a top feed) and also the top of the front of the valve cover. The shop ended up cutting my factroy motor mounts and taking them down 2" and re-welding them. I wanted to keep the nismo mounts as I alredy spend $$$$ on them. I am not sure what spec the gt30 is i think it has a .60 a/r.. It was from slowboyracing.com
sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 »

Ya it looks like i am going to have the same problem as you did with it hitting the valve cover.
i got a set of ssr mkIII 14x6.5 front and 14x7 rear.
5&dime

Post by 5&dime »

looking great!!!
I really want a 510 Coupe!!!
clean71

Post by clean71 »

nice car and project looks like its coming along.
1971 PL510 4DOOR AUTO
1969 PL510 WAGON 4SPD
1969 PL510 2DR 4SPD
Datsunkid-510-

Post by Datsunkid-510- »

sdterrible1 wrote:thanks man..... ya it will staying the same color for a long time(i like mine with no shine). i will get some more pictures up of the wheels and other parts this weekend.
SWEET makes me excited for more pics. Im in sd too where you at, im in el cajon area.
sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 »

im in north county (escondido)
sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 »

So.... does anybody in so.cal want to help me wire up my motor(sr20det) to the stock wiring harness. this is the last thing that needs to be done to my car and i have no clue how to do this....i know nothin about wiring. the org. person who was going to do it flaked so im in need of someone who can help me out with this. I will do as much as i can...and am willing to pay for someone with some knowledge!!!

Anybody :lol: :lol: :lol:
banzai510(hainz)

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

Jeff Hino on Rastun.net had a basic scematic that was done by someone else. He updated it I believe. He has done a KA and SR wireing istall.

But if you want a true professional job maybe have someone else do it.

Mckinney Motorsports or TSR?????????? Or ??????????

Thats really is a nice car!!!!!!!!! Hope it doesnt get SMASHED!!!!!!!!!!

someone assholed me in my 521 truck this weekend and they just took off. Lucky my bumper was on but the seem still buckled. This is why I like beaters!!!!!!!!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Me and another dude on this forum designed this scematic. I kept it as close to stock as possible, it can be done with less relays and less wires but I perfer it this way. I've used it 5 or more times and it works great. http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=549

It is very simple, I think even hainz himself could do it. He is a Boeing engineer and all.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam