The Bronze - '69er Resto Project and continuing build-up.

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

And more......
Attachments
Here is what I was up to while my father was working on the rear quarters. The new drivers side door, not only needed to go on a diet, but it needed the door latch area repaired. The solution was to cut the same area out of a rusty door. The lengths we go
Here is what I was up to while my father was working on the rear quarters. The new drivers side door, not only needed to go on a diet, but it needed the door latch area repaired. The solution was to cut the same area out of a rusty door. The lengths we go
the donor door.....
the donor door.....
And the finished product.
And the finished product.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Yeah, the driver’s side door was too rusted along the bottom. It’s a shame, as the rest of the door was perfect. And considering the lengths I had to go to the fix up the 73 door. But I'm not leaving anything to chance as far as rust is concerned.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

comeing along quite nicely. Got any pics of the whole car as it sits?
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I posted a better colection of photo's in the gallery for all those interested in my restoration process. I'll keep updating it every weekend until the car is completed. Let me know if you think this is a waste of site space, or if there is actually anything of interest here? Thanks.
turbo510sss

Post by turbo510sss »

Nice project you got their. I saw your pics in the gallery and it looks like you got it coming along nice. I am doing a 71 510 that I am going to be putting a turbo motor in and a full cage. I am also going to be adding a cusotm bracked for my R-200 rear end that will be added to the cage as well should have pics soon on my web site at http://www.angelfire.com/oz/turbo510sss/ so keep up the good work on the 96 should look sweet when it is done.
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

keep posting I like following along a car that is actualy gettign worked on.and worked on properly.
dynobones

Post by dynobones »

I mean, yeah, gallery is decked, cool stuff to watch.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Did some more work today -started the cage while I wait for the sheet metal panels to be re-done. I'm spending my time on this cage - I plan for it to be the tightest fitting cage ever in a 510 - pretty high standard, but you have to set a goal some where!
I put this louvered hood on to see what it looks like. This is the first time, in the 7 years that I have owned the hood, that I have set it on a car. I'm not sure about it, but I think I will paint it and another stock hood; then I can make a decision while it's in colour. Check out another shot in the gallery of the hood sitting on the car.
Attachments
IMG_2494.JPG
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Is that Jamie's old hood, or another one just like it?
510rob

Post by 510rob »

http://www.the510realm.com/modules.php? ... _photo.php

I mean this hood (...the one on his old orange car in the bottom picture...)
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Jamie had two hoods made. The first is the one you all know of. But of course, as the keen eye is aware - that hood had the louvers facing the wrong direction. This was the second hood that he planned to swap to make that correction - but it was never completed, and then he got the red car - and it's all history from there and I paid a small fortune for it.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Ok, I stand corrected. I guess we have a member who should see this photo, as he thought he bought that hood. We'll have to ask Jamie. I can tell you that there is still some orange paint on the hood that I have though! So maybe this is the hood that is in the above old photo.
Derek

Post by Derek »

The gallery is excellent. I am always happy (and envious) to see people making progress on projects. That cage sounds nice... I've always wondered what goes in first the cage or the headliner? And when do you paint a roll cage? Have you ever built a cage that retained the use of the rear seat at all?

Thanks and keep at it!

Derek
Going racing tomorrow in the "wrong wheel drive" car instead of working on his 510.
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

Byron510 wrote:Did some more work today -started the cage while I wait for the sheet metal panels to be re-done. I'm spending my time on this cage - I plan for it to be the tightest fitting cage ever in a 510 - pretty high standard, but you have to set a goal some where!
I put this louvered hood on to see what it looks like. This is the first time, in the 7 years that I have owned the hood, that I have set it on a car. I'm not sure about it, but I think I will paint it and another stock hood; then I can make a decision while it's in colour. Check out another shot in the gallery of the hood sitting on the car.
If you decide against the Louvered hood Byron, consider selling it to me !
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

ACtually, I have another friend who has been bugging me to sell it to him fro 3 years. He's been giving me a really hard time for not using it, so I guess he has first dibbs, but I'll keep you in mind Andrew. What do you really think of it?