SR20DET wiring into 510

banzai510(hainz)

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

Jeffs the man!!!!!!!

I seen him hook up a KA!!!
I thought by looking at him it would never get done, He had it done!!!!!!!

He should charge people more often than doing it for FREE as he usually does
xyzalvarez

Post by xyzalvarez »

*booked! :)
KA swap is looking good!
510 datsun w/ s2k <3
sdterrible1

Re:

Post by sdterrible1 »

[quote="mesojdm"]Alternator

* Charge - (white on S13, blk/red on S14) This is the big lug on the alternator. Connect to Batt +VE (preferably via a large fuse - 80A)
* 12V Sense - (white on S13, yellow on S14) Smaller gauge wire. Connect to Batt +VE too. (preferably via a 10A fuse). This wire is used by the alternator to remotely sense battery voltage. Leaving it unconnected will cause the alternator to run "open loop" and charge at the maximum voltage. Not good for your battery!
* Alternator GND - (blk) With lug on each end. Connect from alternator body to chassis.
* Charge light - (w/red) Connect to charge light on dash. You should be able to use the original wire from your car

Can anyone please help me.
im not sure where u conect the wire coming off the starter, the one that goes to the ignition(start). Where is this wire located on the stock 510 harness....im stupid..lol :D
Drive a Datsun
icehouse

Re: SR20DET wiring into 510

Post by icehouse »

The starter wire Is black with a yellow strip, not black with a white. Black with a white is the coil wire for the L series.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 »

black with a yellow strip is on the 510 harness or the sr harness.
Drive a Datsun
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I don't use tranny/altornator harness off the newer engines. The reverse light wires are more than long enough to reach the H box reverse switch. The only thing I use is the altornator plug, which I splice into the small white with red strip on the factory 510 harness for the dash light and hook the other 2 wires to the starter for constant power.
Chuy

Post by Chuy »

hey sorry for the inconvinience, but can someone make up a KA24DE wiring diagram like the ones shwn here. i have the money ready but i really want to do the swaping on my one for experience and the glory feeling.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

the only difference in wiring from the SR to dual cam KA is the coil pack wire (blue with red strip) ie not in the KA harness. The single cam doesnt have heated O2 (brown wire) all S13 harnesses are very very similar. The S14 and S15 is more work but very similar wiring colors.
sr20vwbug

Re: RE: REVISED DIAGRAM

Post by sr20vwbug »

icehouse wrote:Hey trevor I did it this way on my buddies car, what do you think (well my old car :D )

on this diagram it shows everything coming off the 12v from the battery so they would be hot all the time wouldnt this drain the battery? reason im asking im looking to be putting a sr20 in the front of my vw beetle and 510 sr swap is the closest i can get wiring wise to make it start
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Nope, the circuit isn't completed until the key is on. There is no drain on the battery, except back up power for the ECU. I've wired countless cars this way and had zero problems. I say keep the engine I'm the back of your bug, it won't wheelie if its in the front :) This wiring diagram will work fine in any car.
Ottawa510
Supporter

Post by Ottawa510 »

Hi, I know this is an old thread but my question's on-topic. I have swapped the sr20 and am wondering what wiring can be removed from the Datsun, to clean up the engine bay. The ignition wiring for sure. Anything else?
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Not much. The points stuff including the throttle switch 3rd and 4th gear switches (may only be one). Almost forgot the voltage regulator wires. Just the white with red stripe to the alt. Then your done.