New problem, leaning out on boost, now timing question

510Martinez

Re: New problem, leaning out on boost, now timing question

Post by 510Martinez »

S15DET wrote:Icehouse, since this is a bit of a two-sided discussion, I'll pose another question for you. My motor, onces it's fully warmed up, doesn't want to turn off with the key. Like it's dieseling, I have to kill it with the clutch. I verified that I am killing power to the coils, but I haven't checked the injectors. What else should I check?
Late timing will cause dieseling. Since you already had 5 deg's retarded, maybe that problem isn't fixed like you thought? Checked you engine coolant temp sensor? Is the wiring good from end-to-end (didn't get pinched or cut?) ?
icehouse

Re: New problem, leaning out on boost, now timing question

Post by icehouse »

S15DET wrote:Icehouse, since this is a bit of a two-sided discussion, I'll pose another question for you. My motor, onces it's fully warmed up, doesn't want to turn off with the key. Like it's dieseling, I have to kill it with the clutch. I verified that I am killing power to the coils, but I haven't checked the injectors. What else should I check?

Thats weird, the injectors have power all the time when wired like I do or the factory. How long will it dieseling? I've seen "slow" relays were the key takes a few extra seconds to shut off the engine. I've also had altornators back feed the system and not allow the engine to shut down. When you first turn on the key does the fuel pump run for 5 seconds then shut off? Do the ECU lights glow with the key off if they are in the "test" position? Does it diesel when it's still cold if you shut it off? Is power cut to the black with white strip when power is cut by the key? How did you wire it anyways? I'm really sorry I never got your PM :( Stupid PM holding tank :( Did you make a diagram? I would love to see it :D
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam