Codename : Debbie

View and post your 510 project(s)
fyousof

Codename : Debbie

Post by fyousof »

Hi all,

Time flies, it's been 6 months now since I started with my dime restoration project. Named it 'Debbie' as her plate number started with DB and it sounds great when pronounce it as Debbie the Dime.

I would like to thanks to all of the 510realm members who did assist me on my posting "Coupe Door Dimension".
Special thanks to thisismatt, 510-Trevor, rnorrish. The mechanic Mus (i do 510), Rio, Megat, Tis at Playhouse Garage, thanks for making this happen.

Im not good at writing down story so hope you guys enjoy the pics. Comments are most welcome.

This is how its look when I bought her

Fixing her rust

Imagination is an asset

Applying anti-rust

Primer and undercoat

The paint

Current state

sactofabco

Re: Codename : Debbie

Post by sactofabco »

Nice work. I like the color.
kayakdude07

Post by kayakdude07 »

Wow! That's come a long way. Great work.
I remember reading about your quest for door dimensions, glad to see it all worked out for you.
Jordan || '72 2 door KA project || '72 2 door goon project- Flintstones powered (dad's)
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Outstanding! You guys would make so much money here repairing rusty 510s. Fantastic work.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

okayfine wrote:Outstanding! You guys would make so much money here repairing rusty 510s. Fantastic work.
Who would pay so much money for rust repair? Not the 510 community. :mrgreen:

Yes. Super nice job. Beautiful build.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Tide will have to start turning just out of a lack of cars. What is saved these days would have been junked ten years ago, much less twenty. It's also an art form that has fewer masters here in the States due to the "savings" by just swapping parts and the desire for newer machinery (much less ill-fated boondoggles like the Cash For Clunkers).
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

Absolutely stunning work!

Did you make your own metal flares? Looks killer!

Scott.
fyousof

Post by fyousof »

Thanks all for the comments.

The color are from Subaru. Forgot the exact code. It looks awesome with bronze watanabe wheels. Yes the flares are made out of metal. It is smaller that I was planning to do earlier.

The original parts are very hard to find. Thus there are some modification that were made to this chassis.
Debbie is originally a leaf-spring version. Custom rear absorber mounts had to be made in order to fit in the IRS.

It rear sits on top of Mitsubishi Evo III coilovers in which are much cheaper and easier to find here. A sparepart that I should not worry about.

It has a long way to go. Her engine is being overhaul and then the body and engine will be re-wired. Overhaulin' style.
Its a hobby that has become a passion.
sexyL

Post by sexyL »

Do they not have the 2-door sedans in Japan? Other than the coupe of course.
I'm wondering what was used for the door and quarter glass, along with the seals for the quarters.
I'm also curious of what the source of 510 parts is like over there. Is it easy to find stock or even aftermarket parts there?
hillbillyhector

Post by hillbillyhector »

these are the type builds that blow me away...(for many reasons) but congratulations for following through! it 'looks' like you got a sweet two door out of the deal! (...obviously, after a LOT of work!) wow.
www.hectorschopshop.com

vintage Japanese retrofit.
been at it for nearly 15 years.
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

Nice work!
I'm your huckleberry.
merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

sexyL wrote:Do they not have the 2-door sedans in Japan? Other than the coupe of course.
I'm wondering what was used for the door and quarter glass, along with the seals for the quarters.
I'm also curious of what the source of 510 parts is like over there. Is it easy to find stock or even aftermarket parts there?
2 door sedans seem were available in Japan, but seem to be the least popular model... there was no such thing as an SSS 2 door sedan... the SSS was only on Coupes and 4dr's.
Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

sexyL wrote:Do they not have the 2-door sedans in Japan? Other than the coupe of course.
The OP isn't in Japan. Malaysia I believe.

As Merlin indicates, the two-door 510 sedan was the least popular and was seen as and marketed as the stripper, base, lowest-of-the-range Bluebird. Most popular model by magnitudes was the four-door. Even looking at Merlin's '68 brochure, there's one small picture of the two-door sedan and most were of the four-door.

And, even, the two-door was originally marketed in the US as similar, nicknamed the Datsun/2.

Last edited by okayfine on 16 Jan 2010 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
NCRmtrsprts510

Post by NCRmtrsprts510 »

holy crap very nice!
fyousof

Post by fyousof »

Thanks okayfine.

I think there are 2 door sedans in Japan but in Malaysia only 2 of them are known existed and 1 coupe.
Some parts can still be found here but the parts like 280z struts, disc and stuff are hard to get.