Shipping a motor from Ontario

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
Derek

Shipping a motor from Ontario

Post by Derek »

So my motor problems that kept me from making the Duffy Lake run were compounded on the weekend, when it was discovered that there was a hole burned THOUGH the #1 exhaust valve of my L16. I then pulled the head off my other L16 to discover that motors don't like sitting in the rain all winter uncovered (doh). I really have no interest in sending out either of these heads to get remachined, as they will just end up getting bolted onto a tired never rebuilt stock L16 block.

Anyway, as luck would have it, my father built up an L18 in the early 80s for stage rallying a 610, then he put 5000km on it and the rolled the car. The motor was pulled and has since been sitting in his garage for the past 20 years. I called him today and he agreed to let me have the motor and to get my brother to help him strap it to a pallette for shipping.

Here comes the question: does anyone here have any experince with shipping companies that can handle shipping motors? Niether UPS, Loomis or FedEx handle things this heavy, and I don't know the next place to look. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys,

Derek
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Eh Derek. We have stuff shipped all the time at work from across Canada. Here in town, I'd try Reimer Transport, or if Challenger Transport has an office here, that would work to.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Byron510 wrote:Eh Derek. We have stuff shipped all the time at work from across Canada. Here in town, I'd try Reimer Transport, or if Challenger Transport has an office here, that would work to.
\

Awesome... Thanks. I'll check those out tomorrow!
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

I was going to mention Overland Freight/Courier. They're based in Vancouver. I'd also ask Greyhound, but it could be too heavy for them too.

I'd ask my Mom, but they'r ein Texas, then heading up here. They were in Ont. last week, but only made it as far as Calgary.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.