Topher, SR 72

View and post your 510 project(s)
S15DET
Supporter

Re: Topher, SR 72

Post by S15DET »

There are a few different ways to connect the crankcase vent system. There's a great article about it here...

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles ... ition.aspx

The first diagram in the article (shown above) shows where everything goes (the forward-facing T port goes to the intake, after the MAFS, and the rear-facing T port goes to the stock oil separator then to the crankcase vent). In the photos, it looks like you don't have the stock oil separator installed. Do you plan to install it. Read the 6-page article above to help you decide. I use it on my car, connected as stock because it works.

The PCV valve needs to be connected to the intake plentum. This is also covered in the article above.
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

I walked out and took a shot of my crankcase vent lines.

RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

OK Brad, How did you get those DATSUN letters on your valve cover? Nice tough!
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Not me, it's an extremely rare 60's era Datsun-OSGiken skunk-works colaboration aluminum DOHC head.

I kid, early trunk emblem and JB weld. Will re-do over the winter to get the spacing right and a better wrinkle finish. Thinking about keeping the letters natural (silver) and maybe adding some lines. I want it to look stock / part of the casting. It gets a lot of comments and questions.

Like my impossible to find, rare, NOS, fabric radiator hose and vent lines? OK, it's just black sports wrap from a sports shop.
Last edited by S15DET on 27 Aug 2012 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

I like the first explanation better. Has more gravitas 8)
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
topher88

Post by topher88 »

Thanks Skib

Putting the 3/4 vacuums nipple right above the maf so it's a strait shot to the intake nipple

This is going to be a busy little corner

Polished up the IC

Finally got the valve stems! Now I can get some tires on

And so the plumbing begins

topher88

Post by topher88 »

So I found out the hard way that SSR XR-4's don't fit BBK do I got the '93 Rear quest extended studs so I could comfortable run 1/4 spacers on my fronts to clear the brakes

To celibrade the ocation of finally mounting my dream wheels I poured one of my favorite IPA's strait from a bad ass brewery up north. Can't wait to go back up to Kern and fish again and of corse have some of the highest rated beer!

topher88

Post by topher88 »

Things are coming along swimmingly.

Took off the exhaust manifold becomes the V-band waste gate and adapter make it impossible to put a nut on the studs that are coming off the mani along with the studs not being threaded all the way down so I need to get a die to thread the rest of the stud and try and find a skinny nut

Then I felt like installing something in the cabin so I put in the manual boot controle

All the brake lines are made up so now all I need is some custom braided lines to hook up my 240sx brakes

Fresh paint and a freshly polished IC

That r200 CLSD is just waiting to get abused

topher88

Post by topher88 »

Rvc'd the half moons since when I got the cam gear clocked I didn't have any with me.

Figured out how to mount the tial waste gate with the adapter

Installed the alternster pully/ braket, the water neck and also figure out how to direct the oil feed

Got some brake lines made up for the rear

Glued on some rubber between the fender and body

Hood and trunk will be painted in the next hour or so

Painted :)

did a little more polishing

And this ladies and gents is what my engine bay looks like with everything installed :-)

Project is going slow but finally getting some stuff done. Bled the brakes, bled the clutch fitted the 240sx pedle up and need to lengthen the rod bout 2 1/2 inches so that the cable would come strait out. Buddy made up a throttle cable braket to mount on te intake Mani. Seats are now bolted in for keeps and at a much more comfortable stace. Still a lot to do but slowly checking the list off.

topher88

Post by topher88 »

After junk yards and endless searching on the web I ended up finding my r200 to drive shaft bolts at the Nissan dealer. It's a special small headed shouldered bolt. Nos my dribe shaft can be installed... But I still need a big enough torque wrench to torque down the large nut that holds the flang for the drive shaft....

Also ran both the fuel lines. It was my first time running fuel lines and I'm happy with the result. All I need now are some retainers to hold the lines.

i decided to ditch the aluminum tube and go with a SS line for a more durable material. i have been told that even 3/8 aluminum tube shouldn't be used in fuel injection... oh well now i have a template lol
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

I think making a template out of aluminum or even brake line tubing is a great idea, it's so hard to accurately form the hard stuff in-situ. Your project is really looking great, very nice work! Wheels/brakes look great.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Sano!
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

Good call on scrapping the aluminum lines Topher. I know there is a 2 or 3 foot section towards the back of the floor where there's no place to protect the lines. Are you planning on using a crush plate or anything in this area?
topher88

Post by topher88 »

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Where's it going?

And you need to track down the boss bolt cover for your Nardi. Stupid little thing, but makes such a difference in the appearance.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson