Champion Aluminum Radiator Install

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
Beev
Supporter

Re: Champion Aluminum Radiator Install

Post by Beev »

Christmas has been good to me and I will be installing one of these. I don't suppose anyone has the pictures from the original write up. It is fantastic just written but pics are always nice. If not I suppose I should grab some and put them up!
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Bolting it in is easy enough. The problem that most people have is that the outlet comes out straight back then does a 90. On my car that means it hits the alternator pulley. I had mine modified so it comes out at a 45 so it doesn't interfere with anything.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

funwithmonkeys wrote: 28 Dec 2019 09:27 Bolting it in is easy enough. The problem that most people have is that the outlet comes out straight back then does a 90. On my car that means it hits the alternator pulley. I had mine modified so it comes out at a 45 so it doesn't interfere with anything.
Unless you have a SR then it has lots of room since it's shorter then the L series.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
KlassicMotion

Post by KlassicMotion »

I'm on holiday right now, but I do have the pics on my laptop. I haven't logged into photobucket in years. I didn't realize they would shut down my account. I'll see if I can get the pics back up.
-Kyle

1971 510, 2dr
1971 240Z
1977 Honda 400Four SS

"God gave man one brain and one penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time." ~Robin Williams