Trip to Stave Lake and Harrison Mills.

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Chickenman

Trip to Stave Lake and Harrison Mills.

Post by Chickenman »

Hi gang. Hope this is OK to post here. The local Z Club is planning a drive on July 21st, 2019 for all Z car s and other Datsuns. Luv to see some 510's attend. Here's the details:

Date: July,21st,2019 Meet at Lordco in Port Coquitlam ( 1970 Oxford Connector ) at 8:15 AM. Leave at 8:30 AM. Drive via Hwy 7 ( Route Map will be provided ) to 287th St. Then up to the Stave Lake Power House and Museum. (If you have never been there is is awesome!! . Admission is only $8 for Adults and $7 for those 55+ . After viewing the Power House we will continue to Mission and Highway 7 out to Harrison Mills. Where we will have Lunch at the Sasquatch inn. . Then head back home.

Link to Stave Lake Powerhouse and Museum:

https://www.bchydro.com/community/recre ... stavefalls

Link to Sasquatch Inn and Menu:

http://sasquatchinn.ca/
Chickenman

Re: Trip to Stave Lake and Harrison Mills.

Post by Chickenman »

Please RSVP if you plan to attend.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I would try to make that...you sure the pointy nose guys are ok if a box comes along?

You are starting SO late :lol: that that I will make sure I'm ready for bed as soon as I get back...maybe drive with my nightcap on!

Been a long time since I had to fight bikers for a parking spot too, so I will bring my official police nightstick for the Sasquatch Inn .

Weather dependent for me of course.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Bikers meet is next weekend on July 28th. Good to have you aboard Keith. The more the merrier. Weather looks to be good.
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Hey, since that is the only weekend that I have free,count me and the wife in. I live in Abbotsford so where should we meet you guys?
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I would suggest at the Powerhouse. I would say around Around 9:15 to 9:30. Google says Lordco to Power house takes about 45 minutes. I'll be providing a FB Link to event in a while.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Link to Private FB Event. https://www.facebook.com/events/447460156093902/

Please click on " Going " if you Plan to attend.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Just a heads up with the Mission bridge re-paving and repair, that weekend it is scheduled for all sorts of single lane closures. It was a nightmare last time they did this for anyone caught in it. Check the Highways site.

I will be going back likely over the Agassiz Bridge, more direct for me to hit the south to get back to White Rock.

Lougheed gets stupidly busy anyhow as the day progress's.

https://www.mission.ca/highway-11-abbot ... struction/
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Yes... avoid the Mission Bridge at all cost. Our routing doesn't take us anywhere that will be affected. Golden Ears might be a good Option for those South of the Fraser and want to meet up.

I travel to Mission all the time on Sundays. Going East on Lougheed should not be any issue at 8:30 in the Morning. Traffic should be fairly light.

Lordco start point gets you past the congestion at Coquitlam Center. Oxford connector offers easy access to HWY 7.

Heading back may be a different story. But still there are lots of Options. Really doesn't get congested on HWY 7 heading West until after 3:00 PM. A little bit at Mission. And a bit though Maple Ridge. I usually take the scenic Route back ( River Road through Hammond ) and avoid any possible congestion through Mapleridge on return route. Lots of return options.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I'm really looking for to this..for the first time...IN A LONG TIME....I will NOT be the Parade Major....

Yah, my return corridor will be good as I just pop onto those south back roads and just cruise along, I stay off #1's frenetic pace.

Will you have many Z's out, I have no sense of other's events at all. Dean be there?

Keith Law
Idoxlr8

Post by Idoxlr8 »

Hey guys.
Sorry I’ve been kind of MIA this year. I have a sister that was diagnosed earlier this spring with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, not good would be the understatement of the year. I’ve been going back and forth to Edmonton trying to lend some support. I really can’t commit to very much until this plays out.
I know you’ll all have a good time without me.👍
260z owner
510 wannabe
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Very sorry to hear that Dean. Take care of your sister and yourself.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

FB event page just went up yesterday. So far we have 7 Z cars confirmed, 2 Maybe's and 2 square nose cars confirmed. Looking good. Keep them coming. Weather keeps showing better and better. 23 C and Sunny forecast for Mission.

A couple of years ago we got 30 Z cars in a photo shoot at Porteau Cove :mrgreen:

Where's James?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Sent you the PM, I could text or phone James.

Keith Law