Fuel Injectors...

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
JLsKA

Fuel Injectors...

Post by JLsKA »

With the 300zx fuel pump mod and the KA24DE, I've been running stock injectors without any issues... until lately, something is not right.
It normally takes a few cranks to turn over my old KA but now it fires on the first try! but that's followed by a sluggish throttle response, like it's starved for fuel. Once on the road, I can punch through it and power comes back (I've replaced injectors before and this seemed different because it wasn't running rough, like a starved cylinder) So, after I went for a ride, I parked the car for about 10 minutes and it wouldn't turn over...smelled like gas. After about 20 minutes, it fired back up.
So, is this issue more likely bad injectors?... or, is running such a strong pump in combination with stock 240SX injectors + old motor that needs valve job, becoming too much to handle? ...maybe try bigger injectors?

Thanks!
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Fuel Injectors...

Post by datzenmike »

What about the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail?
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I have that pump with setup behind one of my SR20DET's and it's just fine. You have a different issue. Like Mike said, check your fuel pressure to start with.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Possibly unrelated, but recently I reinstalled the EFI back on the Bronze over the winter - after a stint of playing with carbs over the past year. I inadvertently set the fuel pressure 5 psi higher than previously set - threw the whole tuning out the window. In my case - a little high fuel pressure made the thing so rich it wouldn't even start.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Attachments
Kinsler EFI Flow vs Pressure.jpg
Kinsler EFI Flow vs Pressure.jpg (391.34 KiB) Viewed 1906 times