Unable to log in

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
Byron510

Unable to log in

Post by Byron510 »

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted, but I have been lurking.
I have an issue where I can log in from my laptop as it auto logs in. At some point, I saved the password, I guess. But there's no way I can log in from my phone. And I worry because I get a new laptop in a few weeks!!!
I'll admit I'm not computer savvy, so I need to redirect this issue.
I have been contacted by about 6 or 7 seasoned board members who are also in the same situation. Unable to log in under their old names.

Firstly I'd love to know the correct answer to the security question: What can you put in your 510?
The answers could be all of the above listed - nothing is beyond the 510 people we have here!
Physically, the Elephant I guess, is the only one you couldn't fit in a 510 without modifications.
Uranium likely isn't a good idea to carry in your 510, but some of it would fit. The same goes for the gravel.
So - what is the right answer for this security question?

Anyways, I have sent Spencer a text message asking for help again from all those who have reached out to me. I've had the issue since mid-December myself. I'm unsure how long the login issue has been present for others.

Thanks,
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Unable to log in

Post by datzenmike »

I only use a home computer and every now and then I have to re-log in and hit the 'remember me' box. My computer remembers the name and password so it's no big deal. I can't even use a hand held device. Never owned a cell phone. No wonder I have a Datsun.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I went through this exactly about 3 weeks or so ago.

Site did not remember my login, which I have had since the site started.

I tried a few times and then decided ok, try to reset. After at least a half a dozen tries, of which the puzzle question drove me crazy and did NOT accept anything, it finally kicked up to reset my pass word, and confirm, which it finally accepted.

In talking to Rob, he suggested a few things could be going on but also has not heard from Spencer. Rob said others have had the problem over the last month.

Ain't technology wonderful.......

Now, back to researching my 200+ year old set of hand blown glass hydrometers made in Glasgow Scotland.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

I only use my android phone, with no issue. Occasionally I will have to resubmit my password and click stay logged in.
But I've had an inquiry just yesterday. Owen Taylor can't log in.
ostaylor
Not sure what to tell him to do
WxMan
Supporter

Post by WxMan »

I'm having the same issue. It's unfortunate, but I feel better knowing that it isn't just me. At least I'm still logged in on my laptop... for now.
The company motto seems to be "We're not happy 'till you're not happy."
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I just tried to log in on my tablet, where it gave me the security warning that the "security certificate" had expired 12 days ago.

That would confirm what Rob told me about the site's certificate NOT being renewed.

I scrolled to the bottom of it's page and agreed that I would be "unsafe" if I went there. Got in ok when I did that.

That being the case, I have never seen a padlock on this sites address, has always said "not secure on my two devices.

I guess only Spencer can update this....?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
goichi

Post by goichi »

I've had the same problems, I have two user names, because I forgot one password a long time ago, but that was fixed years ago too so I was using the one I used most, which was goichi1. (the other is goichi). it lets me change the password to goichi but not goichi1, maybe because they have the same email associated to them, so it reverts to changing only the goichi password. kinda strange.
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

I was kicked out for a couple weeks. Even though my passwords are stored in my browser it wouldn't log in. This morning I did a password reset and got back in.
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

On my phone, I am unable to do the password reset and get past the first step, which is - Type in your email address, then hit reset. The reset button turns red, and nothing happens.
Since I can still automatically log in on my laptop, I have verified my email address is correct.
I'm at a loss here, not sure what to do.
Does anyone have some thoughts before I lose everything?
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Oh Nooooo! Now it has gotten to the point that one of the mods can't even get logged on. Comedy

I communicated with Spencer a few days ago. The site is overdue for an update anyway so that might happen. Someone suggested that it might be an out of date https security certificate.

Regardless of what it is, Spencer mentioned that he has been busy with work and family and should have some time later this week or next week to bash through a few things as well.

In the meantime, hang tight because several people - both long-term members as well as newer members - have e-mailed me about not being able to log in.

Send me an e-mail if you would like ---> mod1@the510realm.com
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Well it's common to have to log in every now and then but I just went through the whole 'things you can't carry in a 510'. Does uranium count?
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Only if you have your lead suit on!

Thanks for doing this Rob..and hopefully Spencer, to keep our/my daily "fix" alive.

Keith Law
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

I can't read thru all these replies, so I'll just post! I only use my PC at work for this forum. At one point, I could no longer get on the realm, so I got our IT guy involved. He struggled for a few weeks, then realized that I was trying to log into an old page or something like that. It also involved a change in our computer system here at work. This is all mumbo jumbo to me, cuz I too am NOT computer savy, especially all this IT stuff! I know this is vague, but there is no possible way in Haiti, that I could explain why & how............hopefully somebody will get something out of this........... :roll:
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Second time I had to ask for new password.
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

I'm having the same issue . I am using my old Samsung phone that still has apparently saved my password. Since I no longer use my original email when I originally signed up on this site . I couldn't retrieve my password or reset .
So now my current laptop, computer or phone i currently use . Unable to log on 😒