Unable to log in

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
Byron510

Re: Unable to log in

Post by Byron510 »

Those of us having issues must all must be missing a step as this works for others - is there a setting that needs to be changed or something that needs to be switched off?
Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World,

As I said before, I kept attacking the reset password section till it let me change it, somehow I got past that stupid 510 question. This was on my desk top computer.

for the last week, my tablet kept saying security certificate was invalid, but let me "continue" to sight, but, each time I clicked on a topic, I would have to go back to the root page from google, telling me sight was unsafe.

So on a lark, I decided to clear all COOKIES on the tablet, which got rid of the security warning and i got into the site, obviously accepting my new pass word which had been reset on my desk top.

Spencer still needs to update the certificate for sure.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

I've been unable to log on for a few weeks. And a password reset didn't work at first. Kept getting the too many attempts page. I'm still not sure if a 510 can carry uranium. Technically I guess it could. Anyway I left the site alone for a while and today a password reset worked. Nice to be back. I wish I was inclined to help restore this site. But I have no idea what it takes in the background. I just feel we will loose members and eventually lose the site and its resources. To be honest I get more use out of Facebook. A group page is much easier to use as a build thread. Is there a newer version of this software we could chip in to buy. Are there professionals to hire to run a site so Spencer could retire? I feel were at a crossroads.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I hope so, as I am not on facebook, so my connection to the 510 world will be gone.

I guess Spencer still has not had time to look at it, so this maybe it, so much information here, shame if it finally blows up.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Me, I'm too old to lower myself to f/b. One day I'll be gone and it won't matter so hang on Realm just a little longer.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Rush
Supporter

Post by Rush »

Just thought I'd chime in, too. I've not been able to log in for months on my iMac so I finally decided to try my macbook & got in (auto login). I have no idea what's going on.
testregistration02

Post by testregistration02 »

testregistration02 post after introduction approval
the510realm

Post by the510realm »

test gmail
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Yayyy!!! Spencer found a work around.
I got my original handle back up and running on the phone. Connected no problem with the password reset.
In my case, I’d hit the password reset button, but would not get the email. It’s working and it’s great to be back with my original handle.
Thanks Spencer for spending the time. This is a great community and resource. I’d hate to loose it!
I hope others who’ve had the same issue can also get back on.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Rush
Supporter

Post by Rush »

Same. Yay!
ostaylor
Supporter

Post by ostaylor »

Yup, back in after many impatient months!
Regards,
Owen
70 Datsun 510 2 door - SR20DET - https://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=34572
64 Studebaker Daytona - Supercharged 289 4 speed
65 Sunbeam Tiger MkI
shaddai

Post by shaddai »

Same! The realm said last time I had logged on was October of last year. The good* news is nothing has really changed since then, except the interior molding because of all the rain this winter. Oops.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Been well over a week and flawless sign ins and no telling it to remember my password.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yup, same, no issues!

Maybe I will post up some stories now.

Keith Law
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

I've been able to login now too :)!
Jason