Mexican 510

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
Zetz

Mexican 510

Post by Zetz »

New member here, if any of you are on HybridZ I have a build thread there on my 280z (Musician's therapist)

I'm now living in Mexico and considering getting a 510 down here as a daily. They're much cheaper than 510s in the US and generally less rusty and beat up, with some obvious exceptions.

Looking forward to all the info the forum offers! I know the models down here came with the J engine so also hoping to find more info related to that
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Mexican 510

Post by datzenmike »

J15 engine and solid axle/leaf spring rear and probably drum brakes. Parts should be available south of the border.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Zetz

Re: Mexican 510

Post by Zetz »

Wagons were always leaf springs in the back though, weren't they? That difference is mostly related to the sedans and coupes? Have yet to see any coupes down here though.

Thank you! Yeah, reasonable number of parts down here for the trucks and family cars, not many Zs in contrast to the US.

Actually, I've seen some really nice examples of the older 411 sedans and wagons, one really nice 310/311 sedan for sale currently, and quite a few 320 trucks.