New purchase

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
71 Datsun 1600

New purchase

Post by 71 Datsun 1600 »

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting me join this group. I hope to get some knowledge from you guys that have been playing with Datto's for longer than me.

I've recently purchased a 71 1600 from Melbourne. It's been a rally car for the past few years with rally suspension, full roll cage, 1.8L engine and twin 45mm webers. But I'll be turning it back into a street car.

I have purchased a 2.3 litre stroker engine for it, which I'll use the twin webers on, I also purchased a brand new exedy heavy duty clutch and brand new pacemaker headers that have been heat proof coated by the coating king, and also has a brand new Redline manifold, and will also have an R200 diff and fully rebuilt and balanced tail shaft under it. It also sits on 4 wheel disc brakes. I think the rear brakes are from a Mitsubishi Starion, that's still to be confirmed.

From my understanding, the 2.3 stroker engine has a standard A87 head, so I'm not sure how much hp I should expect when it gets dropped in and started. I'm hoping for no less than about 150hp.

If anyone has any suggestions about what can be done to the head to help increase this figure, it would be greatly appreciated.

And, in not sure whether to use the dogleg 5 speed that's in it now, or take that out and replace with the 5 speed that's already booked to the 2.3.