SR swap questions: center link and trans mount source?

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
okayfine
Supporter

Re: SR swap questions: center link and trans mount source?

Post by okayfine »

spoolinitup33 wrote:I'm gonna have to bring this back from the dead. What did you end up doing with your center link? I've put my motor and trans in before and it doesn't hit anything. I've even put the trans. mount on and tightened down the motor mounts and moved the steering left to right and it doesn't hit anything.
Then your SR is too high! :mrgreen:

Kidding. If the center link doesn't contact the angled bottom of the SR just ahead of the transmission, then you don't have anything to worry about.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Alright, just making sure it wasn't going to start banging around once I drive it around lol. I have the mckinney motorsports motor mounts so maybe it makes it sit up a little higher or something. I know when I put the motor in with the transmission on the center link does get in the way and it's kind of a p.i.t.a. but once you get it lined up right and the trans mount on it doesn't hit it.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Even at full lock? They are usually REALLY close, but even if it hits a bit who cares. The only time your car goes to full lock is parking anyways.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

icehouse wrote:Even at full lock? They are usually REALLY close, but even if it hits a bit who cares. The only time your car goes to full lock is parking anyways.
I'll check it again when I put the motor and tranny in here in the next few days.